Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1^

Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
You honestly think those "test results" are legit?

Think for a second: if making 10whp was as easy as installing a fan inline with the intake tube, then EVERY automobile manufacturer would use them. Why use twin turbos in an N54 BMW motor with all their complexity when you could simply install 2 $300 fans and get 20 whp for a fraction of the cost.
Because people are stupid

Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
You honestly think those "test results" are legit?

Think for a second: if making 10whp was as easy as installing a fan inline with the intake tube, then EVERY automobile manufacturer would use them. Why use twin turbos in an N54 BMW motor with all their complexity when you could simply install 2 $300 fans and get 20 whp for a fraction of the cost.
If test results those were published are not legit then what is?

You seem not yet read those articles about e-ram or other electric superchargers. The power gain is not the peak hp but at the time the electric supercharger is turned on. The power gain will drop throughout the performance curve as the rpm goes higher. I'll just keep it short here, if you want to know more you can go and read it yourself. The power gain is given by pushing more air into the intake than the engine is sucking in at the certain rpm. As the rpm goes up, the engine breaths in more and more air so the supercharger is losing its effectiveness.

Reasons why auto manufacturers don't have these on? First of all, there are more parts = higher price; higher cost in warranty; higher maintenance cost. Second, peak hp is not increased sufficiently so buyers won't jump right into it. Third, these axial superchargers only effectively work on small displacement engine (1.2L - 1.6L). If our engine don't have twin throttle bodies, I wouldn't bother to bring this topic up.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
all i can say is do a google search. these things have been beaten to death and many people have personally tested them and claim junk. your money, not mine... have at it. stimulate our economy

Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I think what we're seeing here is folks being scared to try something new. The amount of folks here that buy AM exhaust and Intake that does "Nothing" for performance suggest that they're just skeptical becuase it's a new concept, and not that it wont make the claimed power.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
No, some of us know what not to waste money on

Old 02-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
I think what we're seeing here is folks being scared to try something new. The amount of folks here that buy AM exhaust and Intake that does "Nothing" for performance suggest that they're just skeptical becuase it's a new concept, and not that it wont make the claimed power.
ouch! You just said something that you shouldn't. Flames are coming. I'll hang around and watch the show.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Phalanx
ouch! You just said something that you shouldn't. Flames are coming. I'll hang around and watch the show.
rather than speculate, why not just put your money where your mouth is, so to speak? buy the thing and prove us wrong. or try to anyway.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by erklep
rather than speculate, why not just put your money where your mouth is, so to speak? buy the thing and prove us wrong. or try to anyway.
I need not to prove anything. Some people have done it and the results were published already. Believe it or not, it is your issue not mine.

I suggest you to go back to page 1 of this topic and understand what we are debating here. I saw a few people just jumped in and start talking about the legitimacy of the test results. Some may say "many people have tested it and claim that these too good to be true electric superchargers just don't work" but who are "those people?" Were those self-test results published on newspaper, magazine, or television? I have read bunch of comments online and all of them came from personal website or forums. That shed an idea in my mind that these negative comments are much of a rumor from skeptical people than a legitimate feedback on the system.

Just to point out again, in this topic, we are discussing about the cons of these proposed superchargers and possible solution to that. If you want to share your personal opinion on this supercharger, you should start a new topic.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
^ I may have missed it, but where exactly are the legitimate published results for this particular product, that is those that did not come from parties that have a vested interest in the product?

Not knocking it, but do want to be better informed.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Guys, guys, guys...

Superchargers are air-compressors. These electric-doohickies are just air fans. Fans move air, but they do not compress it, therefore they do not increase intake manifold pressure.

Real electric superchargers include compressor components, and require HUGE electric current (more amps than a car's alternator can generate) to run at any efficiency.

This thread is full of Physics 101 fail.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/HowTo/Auto/eturbo.aspx

Don't bother asking for "proof" from this fool... any test results he may produce will be rigged. Let him justify his waste of money, and send him on his merry way.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Phalanx
I need not to prove anything. Some people have done it and the results were published already. Believe it or not, it is your issue not mine.

I suggest you to go back to page 1 of this topic and understand what we are debating here. I saw a few people just jumped in and start talking about the legitimacy of the test results. Some may say "many people have tested it and claim that these too good to be true electric superchargers just don't work" but who are "those people?" Were those self-test results published on newspaper, magazine, or television? I have read bunch of comments online and all of them came from personal website or forums. That shed an idea in my mind that these negative comments are much of a rumor from skeptical people than a legitimate feedback on the system.

Just to point out again, in this topic, we are discussing about the cons of these proposed superchargers and possible solution to that. If you want to share your personal opinion on this supercharger, you should start a new topic.
not even worth a response.
Originally Posted by 350Zed
Guys, guys, guys...

Superchargers are air-compressors. These electric-doohickies are just air fans. Fans move air, but they do not compress it, therefore they do not increase intake manifold pressure.

Real electric superchargers include compressor components, and require HUGE electric current (more amps than a car's alternator can generate) to run at any efficiency.

This thread is full of Physics 101 fail.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/HowTo/Auto/eturbo.aspx

Don't bother asking for "proof" from this fool... any test results he may produce will be rigged. Let him justify his waste of money, and send him on his merry way.
THIS. /thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got 10 of them. Now I got 506WHP.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't be a dream killer. This quad turbo setup can work for you like it did for me. So far it has been only been able to work for me and mostly when no else is looking. I love I how the rush of the boosts kicks in!

Attached Thumbnails 3-5psi electric supercharger = 10hp for 0-quad-turbo.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike
^ I may have missed it, but where exactly are the legitimate published results for this particular product, that is those that did not come from parties that have a vested interest in the product?

Not knocking it, but do want to be better informed.

Thanks.
Mike, here is the link to the test result which was on S3 magazine:
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/...no-article.pdf
It was published on 2005. If it is totally useless, they should have gone out of business long time ago.

For those "geniuses" who couldn't even understand the nature of this discussion which is written in English, "electric supercharger" is the name of the product and I am not the one who named it. These little things help to make more power because they are the air flow easier into the intake not by compressing it to generate boost. If you can't even understand that basic theory then you shouldn't be here and discussing about engine power and such. I am tired of ignorants who lack of technical knowledge but keep talking about technical things. For the sake of those hard headed, I bring here couple of REAL electric superchargers images which I already posted links to their articles

here:

and here:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3-5psi electric supercharger = 10hp for $200