FI question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011 | 07:26 AM
|
FI question

For you you guys with Fast Intentions exhaust. What made you gravitate towards that exhaust? Has anyone considered the Greddy SE? I've had a Greddy EVO2 on my 02 Maxima as well as my 04 G35 and was wondering what made everyone want to get the FI. I mean they're a fairly new company so it's not like they have a past reputation of quality etc. I'm not beating them up I just really want to know what made you put ur faith in a new company rather than a company that's been around for a day or two. I'm ready to pull the plug so I have lots of questions in my head, like get what I was happy with or try something new. I'm not into trying new things with $1K+ if you know what I mean

Old 03-09-2011 | 08:18 AM
I think FI has been in business for several years, their website alone has been up since '05 and they've had nothing but good reviews everywhere.

For the 2nd genners, they were also one of the very first to fabricate a CBE and listened carefully to what the customers wanted.

All this at a time when Greddy HQ was in the midst of a bankruptcy.

Then again, there's also the fact that a majority of people went with FI because the sound it produced suited the personality of the G more.

Old 03-09-2011 | 08:28 AM
|
^ ok thanks. Anyone else?

Old 03-09-2011 | 09:18 AM
One of the few available for the X :P (Best for the X imo too)

Old 03-09-2011 | 09:50 AM
Fit and finish, sound, no drone and great costumer service are the reasons I went with them. I couldn't be happier with my decision, it makes driving the car that much better.

Old 03-09-2011 | 01:11 PM
Im curious with the same thing because I have always loved the Greddy exhaust and have always put them on my cars.

The FI exhaust gets a lot of praise and it looks like it is a peiced together exhaust from different manufacturers.

Old 03-09-2011 | 01:46 PM
One of the best exhaust companies for the v36 IMO. Have heard them on a 370Z and G37 and it sounds phenomenal, sounds amazing on our cars as well.

Old 03-09-2011 | 02:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by SE-R / GTi-R
Im curious with the same thing because I have always loved the Greddy exhaust and have always put them on my cars.

The FI exhaust gets a lot of praise and it looks like it is a peiced together exhaust from different manufacturers.
Haha, I have never seen one up close so I can't comment on that. It's just strange to me since on my maxima forum lots of folks like Greddy, so I mean it's the same damn engine. I will visit the maxima forum and see if the newer maxima guys/gals are still with greddy or they've heard of FI. If the exhaust was $500 I won't mind trying something new but damn they're both $1K+ so I more leaning towards sticking twith what I know sounds good. Also I've never heard a FI or any other Invidia etc in person so that's a big part of my concern also. Thanks for sharing guys

Old 03-09-2011 | 04:35 PM
^ I had an '02 Max myself... same VQ family, but rather different engines. They don't even sound the same, at least to me.

You may have heard a Greddy in person on the Maxima, but i'll bet it won't sound the same on the G. Those that have had Greddy's in the G have all commented on "loud" to the point of obnoxious. Those that have heard the Greddy and the other alternatives -- FI, Stillen, Invidia -- also commented similarly.

If you'll search around here from a couple years back, i'm sure you'll find those posts.

Old 03-09-2011 | 04:48 PM
OP are you aware that the FI exhaust is a cat-back system whereas the Greddy SE is only an Y-pipe back?? Also they are priced almost the same, maybe just 100 bucks cheaper with the Greddy. I don't think you can beat the sound, quality, and fitment on the FI system. Also, Tony is a great guy and will go out of his way to take care of his customers. I say if you are going to spend the dough, go with what's been tried and true. Cheaper alternative would be the Invidia gemini which is also a quality system.

Old 03-09-2011 | 08:19 PM
|
Originally Posted by J2S2M
OP are you aware that the FI exhaust is a cat-back system whereas the Greddy SE is only an Y-pipe back?? Also they are priced almost the same, maybe just 100 bucks cheaper with the Greddy. I don't think you can beat the sound, quality, and fitment on the FI system. Also, Tony is a great guy and will go out of his way to take care of his customers. I say if you are going to spend the dough, go with what's been tried and true. Cheaper alternative would be the Invidia gemini which is also a quality system.
Yes I am aware of the SE not being a catback. I think only the EVO2 is a catback but not avalable for the 07+G.

To Soundmike: I have had the EVO2 on my 04G35 so I know what they sound like. Sure my 07 is different, as well as the SE is different, so hmmm who knows. I have to go to the ATL meet if they still do it so I can hear some different systems.

Old 03-09-2011 | 08:31 PM
The FI system is far from a frankenstein system, but I can see where you're going with that.
It's hand made and as said already, fit and finish is damn near perfect (I've pipe welded for 20+ years so I'm allowed to voice an expert opinion)
The x-pipe is magnaflow and my cans at least are Sebring Tuning.
I also like the way the system bolts together with flanges, rather than the pipe inside pipe clamps of some other designs.

When I bought my setup, there were not as many options for the 07 Sedans. I went with that over a few others, including Stillen, because of the fit, finish, and customer service... something the others could not touch.
Videos do it absolutely no justice as it seems to sound a bit higher in tone in vids than it does in person.
No drone, it gets rid of the restrictive y-pipe, uses a magnaflow X that gets rave reviews and the Sebring Tuning also had fantastic reviews when I did my research.

Everything just added up to being the right setup for me and looking back, I'm still 110% satisfied and I feel I got every penny's worth.

Old 03-09-2011 | 10:43 PM
^ Aeson summed it up nicely, i too have been very happy with FI and they really are a top notch company with a great product and even better service! The exhaust note is just what i was looking for which is a bit lower than almost all other AM exhausts out there for our cars unless you add HFC. The deep note while pushing it is just great to hear with your windows down.

Also the look, fit and finish is second to none.

Old 03-10-2011 | 06:40 AM
|
Kool & Aeson you guys are selling me on this, but I still have to hear it it person. There was supposed to be an Atlanta meet sometime this month, I will be the only unmodded car there but that way I get to make the right decision the first time when I do the mods I plan on doing to my car. Hope it's still on. Thanks again for al your input.

Old 03-10-2011 | 07:10 AM
If you can, don't just listen to someone revving the car.
Go for a ride... That's where it really shines