**Interest Thread** BERK catback exhaust for V36 07+ sedans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Thumbs up **Interest Thread** BERK catback exhaust for V36 07+ sedans

Hey all,

I am sure most you guys are aware that BERK recently finished their R&D project for the G37 coupe catylic-back exhaust system (catback exhaust + your choice of their HFC or testpipes). The production version is now ready for pre-order which leaves me asking, 'Hey, what about us sedan guys?' I didn't want us to get left behind, so this got me getting in touch with BERK to see if they will come through for us 2nd gen sedan guys. I know that many of you guys already have aftermarket exhausts on your sedans, but there are more than plenty of guys out there still searching for that "perfect" exhaust for our G, me being one of them. I still love my FI but if there is something better, I am always willing to trade up!

I know that taste for that perfect sound is very subjective because we all have different ears. Many of us want an aftermarket exhaust for different reasons, whether that may be for a more sporty/aggressive sound, extra performance gains, or even purely for aesthetic purposes. From what I've seen so far from BERK, I can guarantee you that the BERK system will offer a great quality exhaust system with real power proven on the tracks. I know that you can't net a significant gain just from a catback exhaust but when paired with BERK's HFC or TP, there is potential for some decent power gain (+13 rw hp and +8 rw torque). From what I've seen so far, this is the most hp/tq gain from an aftermarket catback system. Moreover, we should expect similar numbers for our sedans since we share the same platform.

For now I will provide video clip of Berk Technology's HFC's only VS. HFC's with BERK Technology's Catback Exhaust System. I know that the sedan system will not sound exactly the same but it will sound very similar since we share the same Y-pipe and the mid-pipe with the 370z and the G37 coupes. What attracted me the most about this system is that it has a slight exotic tone that you normally don't get with the other exhausts. Youtube clips are never great at reproducing an exhaust sound, so you be the judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWJE...embedded#at=37

So what BERK wants is some serious interests from us sedan guys. I advise you to stay away from this list if you are not seriously interested in actually purchasing one. So please please pleeeeaaaase do NOT get on this list if you are just kinda fishing around for a cheap exhaust. This is not going to be the cheapest option available, but I can assure you that this exhaust system will actually produce some decent power not just sound. Plus BERK is a very reputable company, so you know that they will produce a system with superior fit and craftmanship. MSRP on the G37 coupe and the 370Z system is $1,499 but dealer pricing is priced at around $1,200 for the catback system which is comparable to some of the other catback systems out there. So expect the sedan system to be priced similar at just around $1,200. Additionally if you order their HFC or TP with their catback system, you'd save some more $$ on these items since you are purchasing their exhaust already. Please be advised that you are not required to purchase the HFC or the TP with the system. You can always purchase just the catback exhaust alone. It's just that they offer some great incentives if you purchase them together.

The main purpose of this thread is to see what kind of interest is out there for BERK to come through with this catback exhaust for the V36 sedan guys. So please be courteous and get on this list ONLY if you are seriously interested about actually purchasing one. When I spoke with Bryan @ BERK, he is looking for about 10-15 guys that are willing to put a deposit down for the purchase to show their commitment. Obviously, this will only go through if there is a decent number of serious buyers.

This is where we stand as of now. We need support/interest from us sedan guys, and BERK will come through for us.

Anyway if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me for more info.

Thanks for your time.

-Jason

UPDATE: Vendor just confirmed with me that they will only require a refundable $400 deposit for them to start working on the prototype. Come on sedan guys! This exhaust will be a great option for us looking for a quality exhaust. Plus we will be able to save at least couple of hundred through this preorder. Get on the list!

Last edited by J2S2M; 05-05-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
I will start this list.

1. J2S2M / Jason / 08 sedan RWD

Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Jason, here are your videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-psZO...embedded#at=14

3rd VIDEO:

Last edited by GEE35FX; 04-26-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hmmm... tempting for sure. My only concern based on the sound clips is that it might be a little too loud for my taste.

I am sure that coming from Berk it will be a quality system though.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Mike, I agree that this is not for anyone looking for a quiet exhaust. But I honestly love the sound of this thing matched up with the BERK hfc. IMO it sounds perfect with a nice aggressive higher exotic tone. I would love to get my sedan to sound just like that Z in the first video.

Also remeber that you can choose the option to get just the catback exhaust w/o the hfc or the tp and that will definitely keep the sound more subtle.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Wonder who makes the mufflers

Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 AM
I am not sure who makes their mufflers. But all their systems are built in-house by BERK themselves. The design of the canister will not look like the G37 coupes or the 370Z's since our mufflers are not designed the same with the single canister design. I honestly think that the sedan system will look a lot sexier than the coupes.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
wow, the 370z "exotic" sound was awesome !

Old 04-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by pricojorge
wow, the 370z "exotic" sound was awesome !
I totally agree. I honestly don't think this is the best looking exhaust out there but it definitely sounds the best by far. No other exhaust for the VQ offers anything close to an exotic sound you get with this BERK system.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
interesting/ed!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Good! There needs to be enough interest from us sedan guys to convince BERK to come through for us.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. J2S2M / Jason / 08 sedan RWD
2. Rizzagt22

Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Keep in mind that the more guys we have, the better pricing we will get from them. So keep em coming!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by djfarhan
interesting/ed!
If you are seriously interested and willing to commit with a deposit, add yourself to the list.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 AM
UPDATE: Vendor just confirmed with me that they will only require a refundable $400 deposit for them to start working on the prototype. Come on guys, this exhaust will be a great option for the guys looking for a quality exhaust. Plus we will be able to save at least couple of hundred through the preorder. Lets go!

Last edited by J2S2M; 05-05-2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Amount required for deposit has been lowered!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **Interest Thread** BERK catback exhaust for V36 07+ sedans