New ART Pipes fella here :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have GTM test pipes and the smell is noticeable so there is a smell... if your car is inside of a parking lot and if you leave the car running for about 3-5 minute, you'll definitely notice it.

my CEL is on at the moment. i tried resetting ECU by doing the gas pedal method but it doesnt work so i disconnected the battery and CEL went away but came back on. not sure what i need to do...

Last edited by _evilMonkey_; 06-28-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Can you please post some video clips??? I've desperately looking for someone with this combo. I really want to hear how the FI would sound with the ART pipes, since I am currently looking to purchase these or the BERK hfc's.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by _evilMonkey_
i have GTM test pipes and the smell is noticeable so there is a smell... if your car is inside of a parking lot and if you leave the car running for about 3-5 minute, you'll definitely notice it.

my CEL is on at the moment. i tried resetting ECU by doing the gas pedal method but it doesnt work so i disconnected the battery and CEL went away but came back on. not sure what i need to do...
of course it'll come back cuz u didn't trace it down and solve the main problem.
as for the smell, like i said b4 it's not an issue here, at least with me

Last edited by Glover997; 06-28-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
Can you please post some video clips??? I've desperately looking for someone with this combo. I really want to hear how the FI would sound with the ART pipes, since I am currently looking to purchase these or the BERK hfc's.
i will for sure
mate . . there is no comparison between Berk's and Art's
Art's is exactly what u are lookin for, trust me

Last edited by Glover997; 06-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover997
Hi fellas . .

First of all, i'm not used to put reviews here, so plz excuse me if u come a cross with some mistakes. I'll try to cover everything you need to know anyways

I got my package yesterday, and i just installed my pipes immediately, couldn't wait any single minute,lol
NOW GUYS . . IF YOU REALLY WANNA DO GOOD FOR YOUR CARS, THEN YOU SHOULD GET THOSE, IT'S A MUST, THESE ARE THE BEST THING EVER BUILT FOR OUR HR ENGINES !

PERFORMANCE:
I've never experienced such aggressive performance since i started modifying my car. Now With these pipes, I really got the most gain ever, neither my CB nor my tune did provide me this amount of power! I LITERALLY GOT A NOTICEABLE MASSIVE PERFORMANCE, TRUST ME !

FITMENT:
Great ! they do fit our HR sedans and coupes without any single modification.These are built in a unique design, matched with a separated n welded cylinder that would hold the air and release it as a back pressure, now this where the magic and performance come from, good job Tony

Sound:
when i ordered these, i was a bit worried that they may give a louder sound than my HFC, but i was surprised that they do sound as loud as my HFC but with a different nice tone. So you should be fine with your neighbors,lol

Now let's go drama a lil :
Next morning, i turned my car on, then a CEL popped on all of sudden.
Now i don't really wanna come to a conclusion here or refer it to the pipes design or quality. No not at all . . . these are well designed with good O2 ports built in. but it must be the labors who must of have done a mistake while installing the same . . i've been all the time watching them with
i just didn't feel good about the way they were working.

Anyways. i need ur help now, what do you guys usually do in this case? how can i fix this ?

can i drive the car with a CEL for a couple days ? cuz i'm way far from the city now, and i can only go back within 4 days.

The car cuts in 40km by the way

this is my opinion...you are getting a CEL (assuming its P4120 and P4130) because the air/fuel ratio is off due to the new air flow from the ART pipes. I had berks HFC and when i got my uprev tune, the tuner completely cleared the code, getting rid of the CEL, and adjusting my A/F ratio to where it needed to be. maybe you could do the same. CEL light with still come on only if another problem arises, but not from the ART pipes.

also in for video clip!!!
do you get a slight rattling/hiss sound when you decelerate as most HFC's do?

Old 07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Ok guys . . i scanned my car today and i got this code P0031.
so . . what does it refer to ?

Old 07-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^+1, i LOVE that site!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:29 AM
^
OBD-Codes.com:
With that said, a common fix for this DTC is to replace the air/fuel (O2 oxygen) sensor #1 on bank 1
Ok
Now which one is this ? Driver or passenger side ? and which one of them . . is it the one that fixed in my art pipes or the one on headers ( the upper one ) ?
my dealer told me it's the one on headers . . is that true ? he also told me it's on the passenger side . . WTF, from what i can tell it's on driver's side ! what do u think ? i'm totally confused . . i don't wanna end it up with replacing em all, following them one by one
someone should confirm before i go penniless

Last edited by Glover997; 07-04-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 AM
^
some1 help me plz '-_-

Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
omg, just go to the trusted dealer and let him do diagnostics

you might need to replace O2 sensor or just make some additional foulers

anyway u should re-do your Uprev tune to match the AFR in the new conditions and they can eliminate this error forever (of course, if O2 sensors work correctly)

Old 07-05-2011, 06:05 AM
^
yea . . upgrading my current tune wud be my next step, but first i need to know which sensor is this, so that i can replace it before i go for upgrading ?
Dealer i went to, is a trusted from what i can tell, but still i need to match their thoughts with you guys for more confirmation.

so . . ?

Last edited by Glover997; 07-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover997
^
OBD-Codes.com:

Ok
Now which one is this ? Driver or passenger side ? and which one of them . . is it the one that fixed in my art pipes or the one on headers ( the upper one ) ?
my dealer told me it's the one on headers . . is that true ? he also told me it's on the passenger side . . WTF, from what i can tell it's on driver's side ! what do u think ? i'm totally confused . . i don't wanna end it up with replacing em all, following them one by one
someone should confirm before i go penniless
Dealer is correct.... per the FSM Sensor #1 bank one is the sensor in the header on the passenger side. If you replace it the manual also says it should be torqued down to 37 ft/lbs (same for all 4). Hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
GXXXV X (08-02-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Dealer is correct.... per the FSM Sensor #1 bank one is the sensor in the header on the passenger side. If you replace it the manual also says it should be torqued down to 37 ft/lbs (same for all 4). Hope this helps
it helps more than enough brother !
thanks a lot . . thats exactly what i wanted to hear

Now believe it or not. . this sensor costs 363$
i should of have handed it over to a trusted shop for installation.
Bastards were hammering anything stands on their faces while installing ma pipes They must of touched the sensor so bad

i've learned ma lesson anyways

^
i'll keep u updated . .

Last edited by Glover997; 07-05-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The sensor is not that expensive.. I believe its around $100 for the two front ones and $150 for the rears.. Install for either takes about 15 minutes...

I would have the installers pay for the sensor since they did the install...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New ART Pipes fella here :)