Difference between VQ35DE and VQ35HR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
My driving doesnt really have a pattern. Its mostly regular driving with random moments of getting on the gas. How the hell is it supposed to learn that?
You think you don't have a "pattern" but I'll bet you have much more of one than you realize. A logging computer can track this and show this too. Your "random moments" are outliers and would be thrown out if they're not frequent enough.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Hall Stevenson
Is this whole "learns your driving behavior" a real thing or is it something perpetuated by internet forums where it's been repeated enough times by enough people that it's now considered fact ? I've read the same thing about the transmissions in newer cars. I've "reset" it to what is supposed to be the factory default, meaning it should be a pre-defined logic and it feels exactly the same as what is supposedly to be "learned" behavior.
There's no doubt that it can keep all the algorithms of driver input (believe me, I have a Honda insight and it has 5 tripdometers that keep track of mpg completely separately from the lifetime mpg - they can and do learn everything you do). How it could possibly use that to give you a better driving experience is not something I think is a possibility. I can't see how creating a predictive software would be possible or necessary when driving is an infinitely variable action. It "learning" is good for telling where you've been and what you've done, but there's no way it could tell you what to do.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
but there's no way it could tell you what to do.
Brain to Computer Interface is a thing, pretty amazing what they're doing with that technology in the prosthetics industry, technology isn't advanced enough to physically reconnect damaged nerve endings to control the motor but you can use a BCI to "tell" the prosthetic how to operate. Absolutely AMAZING technology.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Brain to Computer Interface is a thing, pretty amazing what they're doing with that technology in the prosthetics industry, technology isn't advanced enough to physically reconnect damaged nerve endings to control the motor but you can use a BCI to "tell" the prosthetic how to operate. Absolutely AMAZING technology.
While thats a cool concept, I wouldn't want it. I actually enjoy the physical aspect of driving. Hell, I don't even like cruise control unless I'm on a super long trip with lots of open road. I love driving; the car being controlled as an extension of yourself is really kind of empowering and freeing. I'm literally thinking about becoming a truck driver (even tho I hate truck drivers) just cuz I LOVE to drive. Haha

I'm talking anything too..I will drive (and enjoy) everything from an old shitty beater econobox to a modern day sports car, to a smart car and so on. I can't see myself enjoying something where I'm not physically involved tho.

The following users liked this post:
Triton3.5 (04-11-2018)