Stillen Vs Fast Intentions Exhaust 5AT G35xS 2008?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35x Sedan Sport
Stillen Vs Fast Intentions Exhaust 5AT G35xS 2008?

The last mod that will be going on this car for a while is a CBE. I have been reading for days between Stillen, FI and ARK. I have brought it down to Stillen and FI. Some people are complaining about the Stillen exhaust that it rusts quickly because of the stainless steel. Since I live in the upper-Midwest, this is of concern. On the other hand, I read that the FI exhaust for the 5AT produces drone at highway speeds. People are saying great things about the FI exhaust like the weld quality. The corrosion resistant material is also appealing because the thing will need to withstand winters, snow and salt.

Any opinions on the drone on the 5AT AWD? This is my biggest concern. They both sound really nice but I am more leaning towards FI. Am I right that Stillen is a bit quieter? I don't want anything obnoxious like the ARK since this will be a daily driver and I am only looking to spice-up the VQ sound with some aggressiveness. I also have installed a SRI so I think it will be a good combo.

If it would be FI, 2.25 or 2.5 diameter? Not planning on doing forced intake on the vehicle.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by MING35x; 04-11-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 AM
Fast Intentions

I installed FI cat back 2.25" with 18" resonators last summer on my 2008 sedan with RWD and 6MT. I can't even tell it is not stock exhaust cruising at 75mph on fwy. No drone at all. Driving around town around 1600 and 2400 rpm there is noticeable bass tone / drone but not bad at all. Everyone says it sounds fantastic. This is one of the selling points of FI system: sounds great and it is quiet at fwy speeds while cruising. It will pass the wife test lol!
sounds great when you step on gas and let the revs climb.
Build quality is first rate.
Fitment is very good. My mechanic commented on how easy it was to install.
Like many good things in life, you have to wait a while to get one after ordering. And they are not inexpensive. You get what you pay for.
I researched cat backs too for G35 sedan. Most prefer FI and those that have FI are very happy with it.

Last edited by Roadtrip; 04-23-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:41 PM
G35x Sedan Sport
Originally Posted by Roadtrip
I installed FI cat back 2.25" with 18" resonators last summer on my 2008 sedan with RWD and 6MT. I can't even tell it is not stock exhaust cruising at 75mph on fwy. No drone at all. Driving around town around 1600 and 2400 rpm there is noticeable bass tone / drone but not bad at all. Everyone says it sounds fantastic. This is one of the selling points of FI system: sounds great and it is quiet at fwy speeds while cruising. It will pass the wife test lol!
sounds great when you step on gas and let the revs climb.
Build quality is first rate.
Fitment is very good. My mechanic commented on how easy it was to install.
Like many good things in life, you have to wait a while to get one after ordering. And they are not inexpensive. You get what you pay for.
I researched cat backs too for G35 sedan. Most prefer FI and those that have FI are very happy with it.
That sounds great!! Thanks for the reply Roadtrip! I can't wait to get the drop package. I should gave by the end of next month. I ordered the cbe with the sake specs and also included the resonated high flow cats.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:59 PM
Glad to hear you got resonated high flow cats too. I did not, but plan to. I read they increase torque, HP, mid-range performance, just what this engine needs.

My future plan is to add FI high flow resonated cats and have intake plenum and manifold ported. Both changes should really boost torque / mid-range performance. Mid-range is where my engine spends most of its time on the street in daily driving mode.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:17 AM
G35x Sedan Sport
Originally Posted by Roadtrip
Glad to hear you got resonated high flow cats too. I did not, but plan to. I read they increase torque, HP, mid-range performance, just what this engine needs.

My future plan is to add FI high flow resonated cats and have intake plenum and manifold ported. Both changes should really boost torque / mid-range performance. Mid-range is where my engine spends most of its time on the street in daily driving mode.
Yea I can't wait. I only hope it arrives with no defects. That suck because I've waited a while...But if you have the HR engine, you don't need a plenum spacer I've read.