V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Help! ... Tail light wire harness removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008 | 11:58 PM
|
Premier Member
Help! ... Tail light wire harness removal

I'm trying to remove the large white connector from the tail light assembly and can't figure out how to do it without breaking it off the red housing. Anybody ever remove this connector before?

In case anyone is wondering, Borna and I are trading assemblies.

TIA

Old 08-15-2008 | 12:09 AM
Wow, good timing Terry.
I just got back to Dubai from San Diego (wish I could have stayed longer ) today and I was going to PM you.
Let me know what happens with the removal.

Old 08-15-2008 | 12:46 AM
Sorry you could not get it off yet Terry! I talked to the Tech at work, that worked on the Smashed G35 we had, and the one he put back together, said he never removed that Clip. Guess the Force of the Hit somehow disloged it from that Housing!? And He said the New Tail light's from Infiniti came with all those connectors with the Harness already Attached. Unless you explain to "BORNA" about that one small area, that could not get off the Harness without cutting that small Holder off. so you can remove the Wiring? Since he would half to do the same once he gets your Tails?? Unless someone here has Magical powers and somehow removes it from that Housing! LOL. Goodluck Terry, and keep me Updated.

Old 08-15-2008 | 12:53 AM
Well I just spoke to the guy I know at my dealership and he said he's unsure and would have to speak with a tech about it.
You don't have to explain it to me since I will be doing the swap at the dealership so the tech's will know what to do. (Hopefully)

Old 08-15-2008 | 01:42 AM
|
Premier Member
Tony at Riverside Infiniti says there is a part number for the harness, so it should be removable. He had an assembly there to look at. His suggested sticking a small screw driver into the slot on the pin side of the connector, but it did not work.

Old 08-15-2008 | 01:46 AM
|
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Borna
Well I just spoke to the guy I know at my dealership and he said he's unsure and would have to speak with a tech about it.
You don't have to explain it to me since I will be doing the swap at the dealership so the tech's will know what to do. (Hopefully)
Hey, you're back home already?

Removing the assemblies from the car is VERY easy. If the connectors were not an issue, I could have done both of them in about 15 minutes.

Old 08-15-2008 | 07:51 AM
Yeah man I tried to give you a call while I was there but I was a bit busy. Then we drove up to SF and we stopped in a couple other places on the way there and back. I had to push my trip up cause of some work.
Well if it's as easy as you say I may just do it myself to save time as long as we find out how to remove the connector without breaking it.