V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

auto window up/down on 08 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auto window up/down on 08 G35

ok fellas this thing is driving me nuts. my interpretation of one touch auto up/down on windows is that with one touch (1-2 secs) window will go down automatically and the car does that. and same for going back up, i have tried all sorts of timed intervals but the damn window will not come up unless i hold the button up. I have a maxima, tl and both list same feature and i can do windows up/down with one touch. Dunno unless infiniti wording is different, or there is some sort of setting i have to change in the car.

By the way car is 08 G35x with prm/nav/sprt

can someone elaborate on this, is my baby broke?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do the window reset, did you disconnect the battery or something? push the windows down and hold for 2 secs, then hold the windows up for 2 secs, should reset it. I mean the buttons not the actual window.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Csquared
Do the window reset, did you disconnect the battery or something? push the windows down and hold for 2 secs, then hold the windows up for 2 secs, should reset it. I mean the buttons not the actual window.
Think it's more like five or ten seconds each way, but correct process.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
no didnt disconnect anything, just picked up the car like a month ago and its been like that. I will try that windows reset when i leave for work, hopefully that will do trick.

thnx

Old 11-29-2008, 06:25 PM
when they PDI'd the car they probably forgot to program them... lower the window. hold the up button until up. once its up "click it" and hold for five secs do for each window.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:05 PM
you lost the up/down auto because you had the battery unhooked. it's easy to re-programm. just hold the buttons in the down position for a few seconds and do the sanme for the up position.

jimk

Old 11-30-2008, 08:31 PM
ok i did the windows reset and it worked like a charm

thnx all

Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 PM
OMG ... I am going nuts.

I tried this and my windows will not cooperate. They all of a sudden stop working (which ever window I have been mashing a button for) while trying to roll it up or down. For instance, if I hold the up bottom a while and then hold the down button then all of a sudden the window will not do anything at all. I have to turn the car off and back on and even then it may still act strange and I have to turn it off and back on again, etc.

Any suggestions?

I have an 08 Sedan by the way.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 PM
You're supposed to hold the switch down and then up, not the other way around. Hopefully it'll work for you now.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
i have an 08 sedan and my auto-up and auto=down stopped working. the service manager simply reprogrammed it (sitting in the car and doing something with the windows). the problem was caused by me disconnecting the battery. a simple fix, but i don't know how to tell you what to do. your local dealership could tell you over the phone, ask for the service guy.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
OMG ... I am going nuts.

I tried this and my windows will not cooperate. They all of a sudden stop working (which ever window I have been mashing a button for) while trying to roll it up or down. For instance, if I hold the up bottom a while and then hold the down button then all of a sudden the window will not do anything at all. I have to turn the car off and back on and even then it may still act strange and I have to turn it off and back on again, etc.

Any suggestions?

- turn the car off and then turn it on again.
- your windows should be able to roll up/down now. roll them up or down so that they are halfway.
- roll each window up while holding the button for at least 10 seconds.
- this should make them work again and make them auto roll up/down.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
OMG ... I am going nuts.

Any suggestions?

This happened to me 2 days again when I finished installing my intake. I thought I was going crazy. Got them going again after a couple restarts but it was getting very frustrating.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks !!!

This forum is a godsend !! I have an 08 G35x. Was serviced a couple of weeks ago and I guess I just noticed this morning that the auto up on my driver door window did not work. Upset and aggravated. I promptly looked it up here and behold found this thread. Reset the window and works fine.

Had the same issue with the sunroof on my 06 Maxima.

Thanks for a terrific resource !!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^props to you for searching for the solution rather than making a new thread on the same topic for about the 1000th time like most newbies! Glad you figured it out!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by jimk
i have an 08 sedan and my auto-up and auto=down stopped working. the service manager simply reprogrammed it (sitting in the car and doing something with the windows). the problem was caused by me disconnecting the battery. a simple fix, but i don't know how to tell you what to do. your local dealership could tell you over the phone, ask for the service guy.
rofl do people like this actually not read any of the previous posts before they write their own?
very helpful thread btw helped me a lot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: auto window up/down on 08 G35