V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Fresh Air w/o Auto Air condition.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by malagabee
it is annoying to have the AC light turn on every time I press freshair, then I need to turn the AC off every time, it's very stupid, never seen it in any other car before
+1 Finally someone understand It's really annoying.I did that all da time since i don want the A/C to turn on under cold weather Specially when you go FAST on hwy while the AC on.the engine is working harder,hotter and make it even slower(Acctually not).
Mine Honda Pilot let me get fresh air w/o AC on.. manually.This is something INFINITI should change!!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My problem isnt getting it to fresh air with no a/c...because I can get that. But I feel like fresh air just isn't fresh. Still feels hot and stuffyno matter the temp, drives me nuts.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
My problem isnt getting it to fresh air with no a/c...because I can get that. But I feel like fresh air just isn't fresh. Still feels hot and stuffyno matter the temp, drives me nuts.
+1 i hear ya! Sometime i do feels the same.that's su*k.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good Posts - I thought I was the only one....

What bugz me is you cant recirc w/o A/C. When you put recirc on A/C kicks on and hit A/C to turn it off (like descibed here to over ride when wanting fresh air) it goes out of recirc mode. Our Murano is the same way.

I know the risks of fogging when in recirc without A/C, but there are times where this would be handy. HVAC should not be this restricted in a car, if some people cant figure out how to defog this is where Darwin's laws kick in right

Old 12-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I just pop the sunroof a lot.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Modern Cars

Our cars have auto temp control for the climate control system. It is all automated. Just like a lot of us have central air in the house it is also present in the G and many other Nissan products. All you have to do is set the temp and the car controls the rest. Just because you see a light on that indicates AC is on does not mean that the AC compressor is always running and putting cold air in the car. It (the AC Light) is just letting you know that it is functioning. The climate control system will try to keep the cabin temp as close to the number you select as possible. It is convenience that is suppose to allow you more time to enjoy your car and less time configuring temperature in the car.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for yur help.But i try it and step outside the G.however the A/C is still running and ican hear it.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:16 AM
does the "fresh air" run through micro in-cabin filter when AC is on or off?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by SunnY-D
does the "fresh air" run through micro in-cabin filter when AC is on or off?
Yes! but the A/C will be on all da time when we pressing Circ button tryin to get fresh air.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by kregg
What bugz me is you cant recirc w/o A/C. When you put recirc on A/C kicks on and hit A/C to turn it off (like descibed here to over ride when wanting fresh air) it goes out of recirc mode. Our Murano is the same way.

I know the risks of fogging when in recirc without A/C, but there are times where this would be handy. HVAC should not be this restricted in a car, if some people cant figure out how to defog this is where Darwin's laws kick in right
Amen, brother! I could not agree more!

First thing in the morning, prior to the car warming up, if I want to keep the cold air from blowing on me via the fresh air mode, I get the A/C light when it's below freezing outside. I fully understand that the A/C is drying out the air and keeping my windows from looking like there are two teenagers on prom night in the car, but at least work in an option for me to override the system; me smartly enouff to now whin two tern the A/C swetch on or, perhaps, select “auto” HVAC mode.

Nevertheless, this is a great car so I can only be slightly annoyed before the smile once again becomes plastered on my mug.

Joe

Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 AM
another question, does the micro-filter also filters out bad smell from the air outside?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
it's the 1st winter I'm in this car and I understand this post so far with the auto light and AC light being on is all good but why is it always blowing out of the lower vents only when in auto climate control mode??? I have to press the mode button to get the upper vents blowing or any other mode and this defeats the purpose of the automode so I totally don't get it.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Hot air raises, and so blowing at your feet would heat the car quicker, hot air coming from the vents would make the roof area really hot and the floor area still cold.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
how long does it take for it to switch to the upper vent? an hour? I don't like my foot to get warm, they sweat

Originally Posted by Csquared
Hot air raises, and so blowing at your feet would heat the car quicker, hot air coming from the vents would make the roof area really hot and the floor area still cold.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by malagabee
how long does it take for it to switch to the upper vent? an hour? I don't like my foot to get warm, they sweat
How long it takes depends on the temp of the car and the outside temp. Here up north my car has been on floor vents for the last 4 months. I drove 6 hours back up from NY and the car was always on floor vents. It was 4 degrees F outside (-20 with the wind). Starting in March or April I will notice after about 10 minutes the car will switch to bi-level as outside temp gets in the 40's. That's how I know spring is coming..

Same is true in fall. The first time I see the car go to floor mode in the morning I know it's gonna get cold soon. Almost every auto system I have seen uses floor for heat, vents for cool and some combination once car is at temp. You can always over ride if you want to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fresh Air w/o Auto Air condition.