V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Have to turn ICC on after restart?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Have to turn ICC on after restart?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to my '07 G35 sedan Journey and am still figuring out all of the detailed operations. So far it looks like if I want to use cruise control I have to manually press the "On/Off" button after each restart since the car turns off the ICC when I stop the car!

Does anyone know if I can set the ICC to just be on all the time? I've had cars that have a cruise control on/off button and some that are just always on. The ones with an on/off switch have a mechanical switch so I can just always leave it on.

I just can't figure out why I would ever want to turn ICC off. Having it on does not mean that it's active. It just means that I can set or cancel it.

I much prefer the system on my Honda's and my old Mazda with a mechanical switch so I can leave it on. Or better still, like my old BMW that didn't have any on/off switch.

Thanks in advance!
Larry.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:34 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The button is probably a momentary switch not an open/closed switch (only sends signal to the ECU just for a second when you use it). I don't personally have that system but read the owners manual, there might be a hidden toggle to force it enabled/disabled on CC activation by holding the switch for 3-5 seconds or something.

The other style of cruise does require an activation switch and then a cruise limit set (two button toggles) to function so I expect it to behave similarly for the ICC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.