V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Anyone know? head light automatically turn on when we open the door.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009 | 10:56 AM
C'mon guys its not random. If you have your headlight switch in the ON position and leave the car, the lights go off after some time. When you return to the car and unlock the car the lights come back on before you start. My wife's lowly pilot has the same "feature".

Old 05-22-2009 | 11:54 AM
|
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Well, opening a window doesn't have much to do with the auto headlights.
Are you referring to the door?
oh... I mean door... lol
I was watching TV and write, so I got massed. kkk

Old 05-23-2009 | 02:56 AM
You're Despicable
Premier Member
Originally Posted by wreaks
C'mon guys its not random. If you have your headlight switch in the ON position and leave the car, the lights go off after some time. When you return to the car and unlock the car the lights come back on before you start. My wife's lowly pilot has the same "feature".
I think you mis-understood slightly, what they're saying is that their lights turn on randomly, as in it does not always do it, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, maybe a few members on here didn't notice they had their lights on when they leave their car, but from what understood it randomly happens with the lights on or off.

Can someone clarify what you guys mean? I have already posted pics of my display on the first page, do you guys in the states have the same options for headlight delay timings?

Old 05-23-2009 | 04:48 AM
|
Originally Posted by Defratos
I think you mis-understood slightly, what they're saying is that their lights turn on randomly, as in it does not always do it, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, maybe a few members on here didn't notice they had their lights on when they leave their car, but from what understood it randomly happens with the lights on or off.

Can someone clarify what you guys mean? I have already posted pics of my display on the first page, do you guys in the states have the same options for headlight delay timings?
I do have same comfort option, but It wasn't do anything with turning on headlight by opening the door.
To explain again, I just came to my garage and open the door to get in my car. just time when I open the door, my head light just turned on with out touching any thing but just by open the door.
I try to change the headlight delay option, but still it wasn't effect turning head-light on when I open the car

Old 05-23-2009 | 05:03 AM
Thanks for the pics Defratos.
I have that option but I always leave my lights on auto and have that set for 30 second delay.
The only time my lights come back on is if I flip the light switch to the ON position and back to auto after shutting off the car.

Old 05-23-2009 | 06:36 AM
You're Despicable
Premier Member
Originally Posted by MXG35
I do have same comfort option, but It wasn't do anything with turning on headlight by opening the door.
To explain again, I just came to my garage and open the door to get in my car. just time when I open the door, my head light just turned on with out touching any thing but just by open the door.
I try to change the headlight delay option, but still it wasn't effect turning head-light on when I open the car
Are you sure you're not pressing the unlok button on the door handle before opening the door? That was it'll read the same as unlocking it from your Keyfod.

Originally Posted by Borna
Thanks for the pics Defratos.
I have that option but I always leave my lights on auto and have that set for 30 second delay.
The only time my lights come back on is if I flip the light switch to the ON position and back to auto after shutting off the car.
humm I'm not sure what you mean by on position? wouldn't it be the same as auto? or do you mean first/ second beam lights?

Old 05-23-2009 | 06:43 AM
By on position I mean turning the switch from auto to the high beam "ON" position and then back to auto.
When I do that while the car's off then get out and lock the car it immediately shuts off the lights. And if I unlock the car within a few minutes of locking it the lights come back on.
I just wish there was a way to have them always come on when unlocking the car without having to flip the switch before getting out.
I think the reason we don't have that option is cause of the 10 min. battery cut off in our cars.

Old 05-23-2009 | 02:07 PM
You're Despicable
Premier Member
humm ok so let me see if I'm getting this right,

You can only get your headlights to turn on when pressing the unlock button when you've either "turned the switch from auto to the high beam "ON" position and then back to auto" and also if it's within a few min of locking the car, otherwise it does not light up when you unlock?

Old 05-23-2009 | 05:20 PM
OK, I just saw this on my car also last night! I went out, Vlaet parked my ride(I would never let a Valet drive my G) but he owns the place and I trust him, HAHA. Anyway, he parked my ride, this was night time by the way, he turned my light's off, guess he left it in the "AUTO" setting. and when i went to my car unlocked it, the headlight's came on! I was like WTF!!? Turned the switch to the Normal OFF position. and my car was sitting for a good 2hrs! so it has nothing to do with the Timer delay you set on your dash. THink if it's on AUTO, and the dash sensor see's it as nite time, it kicks the headlight's on? SO not sure? haha.

Old 05-23-2009 | 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Defratos
humm ok so let me see if I'm getting this right,

You can only get your headlights to turn on when pressing the unlock button when you've either "turned the switch from auto to the high beam "ON" position and then back to auto" and also if it's within a few min of locking the car, otherwise it does not light up when you unlock?
That about sums it up.
I've tried other ways but none work other than that.

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
OK, I just saw this on my car also last night! I went out, Vlaet parked my ride(I would never let a Valet drive my G) but he owns the place and I trust him, HAHA. Anyway, he parked my ride, this was night time by the way, he turned my light's off, guess he left it in the "AUTO" setting. and when i went to my car unlocked it, the headlight's came on! I was like WTF!!? Turned the switch to the Normal OFF position. and my car was sitting for a good 2hrs! so it has nothing to do with the Timer delay you set on your dash. THink if it's on AUTO, and the dash sensor see's it as nite time, it kicks the headlight's on? SO not sure? haha.
Not if it's on auto the whole time.
I always leave my headlights on the "AUTO" position and it doesn't happen.
It only happens when the headlight are on the "ON" and then when you turn off the car you switch it to "AUTO".

Old 05-24-2009 | 05:35 AM
You're Despicable
Premier Member
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Yesif the headlights are kept on Auto then the lights should light up when you unlock the car.

Not if it's on auto the whole time.
I always leave my headlights on the "AUTO" position and it doesn't happen.
It only happens when the headlight are on the "ON" and then when you turn off the car you switch it to "AUTO".
Well I would guess leaving it in the AUTO position will only make it light up if it's dark outside (as it would sense that there isn't enough light). I never leave my lights in the ON position, if I want the lights to come up again (at night) then I just leave it on Auto and from what I remember it always switches on?

Old 05-24-2009 | 10:30 AM
Well with my the lights come back on but that's after I turn on the car, not when I unlock it.
I want to figure out how to make them come on everytime I unlock the car.

Old 05-31-2009 | 02:06 PM
You're Despicable
Premier Member
Little update guys, ok so I payed closer attention to the lights and realized that mine don't come on when I unlock the car, and also don't come on when I open the door but only switch on when I press the ignition switch, all this is of course when I leave it on auto......sorry didn't mean to side track anyone, but I thought my car really did turn the lights on when I unlock, guess I got confused..

Old 06-01-2009 | 06:57 PM
|
Well with my the lights come back on but that's after I turn on the car, not when I unlock it.
I want to figure out how to make them come on everytime I unlock the car.
Dame~! I want to figure out that too so bad!!!
Can any body speak good Japanese to talk with Nissan people in Japan?

Old 06-01-2009 | 07:31 PM
Sadly, talking to the Nissan people in Japan wouldn't do us any good.
This setup would either have to be reprogrammed in the ECU or we'd need Kevin @ KPTech to make us a module.
Don't know if it's worth the hassle if we'd need a module.
If we can just have the setting changed in the ECU I'd head to the dealer ASAP and have it done

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know? head light automatically turn on when we open the door.