V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

looking for a how to for illuminated kick plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
looking for a how to for illuminated kick plates

I have seen several threads on the illuminated kick plate and somewhat about their install but nothing in great detail. anyone have a step by step how to of the illuminated kick plate swap and install?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this may be a silly question, but was there an intruction manual included with your kit? mine came with one and i loosely followed it. two important tools to have are the plastic prybars and fish tape. also i can answer any questions you may have. i didnt have the chance to take pics of my install

Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Bat, have you ordered them yet? If not, they come with instructions that are fairly easy to install. The instructions themselves are very much like a DIY. I did my install at night, in the dark, with a dead flashlight battery and it took all of 40 minutes. I installed a set on a friend's car a few weeks later and that took no time at all. I didn't have a fish tape... I just pushed the wire behind the center stack from one side and pulled it through from the other.... very easy to run the wire and they are completely plug and play.

If you have ordered and received them and still have questions, let me know. I'll try to take some pics and post a half-a$$ed DIY for ya.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where did you guys order them from? I thought about getting a set.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
Where did you guys order them from? I thought about getting a set.
Contact Rick@Riverside infiniti or order online at g35parts-dot-com

Back on topic, what happend to Op?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish ebay has a knock off version of these, I can't justify paying $225+ for these..

Old 06-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Bat, have you ordered them yet? If not, they come with instructions that are fairly easy to install. The instructions themselves are very much like a DIY. I did my install at night, in the dark, with a dead flashlight battery and it took all of 40 minutes. I installed a set on a friend's car a few weeks later and that took no time at all. I didn't have a fish tape... I just pushed the wire behind the center stack from one side and pulled it through from the other.... very easy to run the wire and they are completely plug and play.

If you have ordered and received them and still have questions, let me know. I'll try to take some pics and post a half-a$$ed DIY for ya.
yes, I have them and the instructions but I didnt know if anyone had a better 'how to' that maybe skipped some steps or had tips. Basically, I am trying to see if i should just have my dealer install it the next time im there, or try to tackle it myself.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
It's honestly not tough.
If you can apply light pulling pressure to your trim pieces and pop them off and if you're not afraid to wrap the tip of a flathead screwdriver with a rag to pop off the existing plates, the rest is pure gravy.
Run the wires in the track and up and around the back of the center stack (it's open, you can stick your arm through there) and then just plug them in.

Do it when you have nowhere to be, so you don't feel pressed for time. It won't take you more than 90 minutes, and thats with reading the instructions 17 times and being extra cautious.

The dealer is gonna whack you $50- easy. It's up to you whether or not you feel like paying that.

Anyone in or near MA who wants these in, I'm happy to help with the install.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
^+1

I installed these along with the footwell lighting and changed my cabin air filter while i had everything apart. took me a couple of hours. i think the only thing that i skipped was the extra tie-wrapping and foam taping when running the wires under the weatherstrip/lower trim panel and other places. i felt that it wasnt needed. i would say its worth it to DIY.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:27 PM
kick plate instructions

I just received mine from Circle Infiniti but no instructions on how to even proceed with the install. I've done a lot of work on my X5 but don't want to mess anything up on the new G. Does anyone have a PDF version of the install instructions?

Old 12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
can u make some pics of them plz?

Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
I bought mine used on ebay, i had the dealer install them and they look great. The only thing is the previous owner left the backing tape on from taking it off and the dealership made me pay another hour of labor.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Aeson, can you post up a DIY with pictures? It would really help.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Hate to refresh an old thread.... So the 07-08 35 sedan I assume doesnt come with illuminated kickplates? What year are you guys ordering these from? Does anyone have any pictures of the before and after? This sounds like a nice dress up mod!!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Here's a big thread on G37, might be able to see if the Ebay guy still has some
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...ills-99-a.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking for a how to for illuminated kick plates