V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

what licence plate frame(s) are you rockin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by soakgame
nice.. they got some clean shirts too.. i might have to make a trip to SF one weekend and check their store out

anyway.. i never received an email confirmation of shipment.. i hope they sent out the frame already =/
So far I am very unsatisfied with Fatlace.

I ordered the crewneck and received no confirmation e-mail of them receiving my order. I had to send them a follow up e-mail asking for confirmation that they received my order and payment. I didn't make much of this as I placed my order on a weekend and figured they had a lot of orders to fill or something. Well, I finally received an e-mail with a tracking number for USPS and received my order today. However, the item I received does not resemble the item pictured on their website. It's a nice crewneck, but it's not what I ordered...or what I thought I ordered according to the picture they use to advertise it. The picture they use is either a very poor representation of the actual item, or they sent me the wrong item. I am leaning towards number two as there are too many differences for this to be a misrepresentation. The color of both the actual crewneck and letters are different, the one on the website has black tags whereas mine are blue, and the one on the website looks like it says "fatlace" or something on the left hand sleeve whereas mine has no indication of anything on either sleeve. These may be minor differences to some people, but to me...if I order something, I expect to receive that something.

I still have not received any order confirmation or tracking information regarding my "illest" license plate frames. And I ordered them on a weekday.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Overglorified Altima
I just called Fatlace and they tried to tell me that "some monitors are weird and it looks lighter on them." While it is true that all monitors are different unless calibrated, that is not what happened here. The item I received is clearly different from the item pictured on the website.

Dude said he can't help me and I should call back tomorrow afternoon around 3PM.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
^^ i agree i ordered my plates a couple of days ago but haven't received any confirmation either, just the paypal receipt. This is the first time i have ordered something online and have not received any type of confirmation from a company.

Maybe this is just how they work haha, hopefully i receive my order. Another thing i found odd was they charged me a 30% sales tax? guessing its because im in Vancouver BC but there was no explanation for it. It was just $5 extra so i just paid it

Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by mj_39
^^ i agree i ordered my plates a couple of days ago but haven't received any confirmation either, just the paypal receipt. This is the first time i have ordered something online and have not received any type of confirmation from a company.

Maybe this is just how they work haha, hopefully i receive my order. Another thing i found odd was they charged me a 30% sales tax? guessing its because im in Vancouver BC but there was no explanation for it. It was just $5 extra so i just paid it
Same here. Very poor business practice if you ask me. Good communication is key to good business. Something they are clearly lacking.

And I have no idea why they are charging you sales tax. I can understand a slightly more expensive shipping cost as you're in Canada, but sales tax?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
^ ya that caught me by surprise also, when i added it to the cart it didn't state any extra charges, just the $5 shipping but once i logged into paypal it automatically added 5 more dollars and next to it said 30% sales tax. I have no problem paying the extra because im in Canada but it should be stated clearly and confirmation should be a given!

All i can do is wait i guess, let me know how everything goes and if you get any explanations

good luck!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
I'm sure they will send them if they haven't already. I had to wait a few days to receive my shipping confirmation e-mail, but that was only after I e-mailed them asking for it...

I'll call them tomorrow at 3pm as they instructed and see what happens.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Overglorified Altima
Just received this e-mail from Fatlace:

Sorry, the studio shot was the sample. It is black/black but is hot with a flash. If you've bought any of our product in the past, we have different tags thruout the season. The sleeve label didn't make it past the sample.

You can return it and we'll send you back your shipping and refund you.
I responded with a rather lengthy e-mail. In short, they should not be using pictures of "sample" products to advertise the actual products they are selling if they are different in any aspect. And a flash would have to shoot awfully "hot" to make black cotton appear dark gray and the inside to appear light gray. Sounds suspicious to me.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6...stcrewneck.jpg

Left: enlargement of the picture they use on their website to advertise the crewneck; Right: pictures of what I received.

IMO, what I received looks a lot "cheaper" than what is pictured on their website. If I had known it looks like this, I would not have paid $60 for this. But since I already have it...I don't wanna go through the hassle of sending it back.

Last edited by Calvin; 01-23-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Old 01-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by mj_39

Got my shipping confirmation e-mail after I asked about it.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by caLvin
Got my shipping confirmation e-mail after I asked about it.
did you call them? i'll be giving them a call if i don't receive it sometime this week

Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
got em! =) got the confirmation the night before and it came the next day

so far i've had no issues w/ fatlace.. so i can't complain

Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Overglorified Altima
Mine will be arriving tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
front:

back:

Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Overglorified Altima

i'm gonna keep my status frame for a while. the plate "relocation" kit i have makes it too hard to change frames lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what licence plate frame(s) are you rockin?