V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Spoiler for '08 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the OEM wing spoiler. Anyone know a place selling them for cheap/decent quality? Or do you recommend the Infiniti dealer?

Old 02-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
What color is your car? The ebay seller has OB, BS, MW, and LS and sells them for $55 plus $33 for shipping. f you don't have any of those 4, you can buy from him and have it painted, but depending on the paint cost, it may be cheaper to buy it pre-painted from a dealer.

Cheapest I've found an oem one without the camera hole from a dealer was 247 w/o shipping.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I would not get a trunk spoiler because it looks like there are two spoilers since the chrome lip comes stock. If I wanted a spoiler/lip look I would get a roof spoiler. I had one on my '06 330i and it made the car look much more aggressive and in your case it wouldn't crowd up the area.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
This isn't the wing spoiler, but it's the OEM Infiniti trunk spoiler that gets rid of the chrome lip and keeps a clean factory look. Don't let the price fool you, these are the real deal and I put a DIY in the thread so you can install it yourself.
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...5-on-ebay.html

Old 02-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
I want one of those so bad!! Unfortunately he doesn't have any with rear view camera!! Again just to point it out. Those are OEM but come with no hardware which you could easily get at HOME Depot!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
You should get that. Would love one too but i am just going to get the window spoiler.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I got this one on eBay for $107.00 shipped and painted. Paint matches perfectly!

Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 PM
That pretty nice!! What I understand those come with Tape right?! No drilling necessary!

Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by salvador312
That pretty nice!! What I understand those come with Tape right?! No drilling necessary!
Wrong, well on mine that's wrong. There are two spots that "require" bolts but this spoiler is so light, I would say that it can be held on with just some extra 3M double sided tape which is what I'm going to try once I decide to install it. In this pic its just sitting on the trunk to see how it looks

Old 03-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
sal, that is the same one i have, it should come with the screws and double sided automotive tape.

although I drilled, I ultimately ued a combination of more double sided automotive tape and high temp silicone adhesive... aka rtv.

http://gshack.org/?p=227

Old 03-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
This isn't the wing spoiler, but it's the OEM Infiniti trunk spoiler that gets rid of the chrome lip and keeps a clean factory look. Don't let the price fool you, these are the real deal and I put a DIY in the thread so you can install it yourself.
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...5-on-ebay.html
FYI to anyone looking to buy from that seller. I just won a claim against him on Ebay for a refund on my item. He sent it in a flimsy box with basically no protection and, sure enough, UPS managed to crush it very nicely and break off all the mounting tabs from the spoiler.

I tried for 3 weeks to communicate with the guy, sent him pictures, followed up again and again with no response. Ultimately, he just flaked on me. He sent me a total of ONE email which asked for pics and said he'd ship another as soon as he got the pics. Never happened. Based on the communication, it took Ebay all of 3 minutes to determine in my favor. I know his prices are great, but all things considered, I DO NOT recommend this seller guys.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by soundmike
sal, that is the same one i have, it should come with the screws and double sided automotive tape.

although I drilled, I ultimately ued a combination of more double sided automotive tape and high temp silicone adhesive... aka rtv.

http://gshack.org/?p=227
Mmmm! So there is chance of installing this one without drilling! OEM G37 spoiler and 07-08 spoiler wing spoiler you gotta drill! Drilling makes me a bit scared! Not just that! I don't want to make holes in the trunk lid!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Yes sir. If it means anything to you, i've had it on the car since 9/2010 and it's seen unusually hot Texas summers, odd cold spells as well as been on the track numerous times smack in the middle of summer as well.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
FYI to anyone looking to buy from that seller. I just won a claim against him on Ebay for a refund on my item. He sent it in a flimsy box with basically no protection and, sure enough, UPS managed to crush it very nicely and break off all the mounting tabs from the spoiler.

I tried for 3 weeks to communicate with the guy, sent him pictures, followed up again and again with no response. Ultimately, he just flaked on me. He sent me a total of ONE email which asked for pics and said he'd ship another as soon as he got the pics. Never happened. Based on the communication, it took Ebay all of 3 minutes to determine in my favor. I know his prices are great, but all things considered, I DO NOT recommend this seller guys.
That sucks, In the $55 spoiler thread you'll notice the same thing happened to me. I called him and spoke to I assume was his wife and although the communication may not have been fully understood I did receive another spoiler a couple weeks later. I also sent pics and luckily the 2nd one arrived in perfect shape.
Agree about the packaging, the spoiler is the only rigid thing keeping the box straight. I rec'd the wrong color (partly my fault) and it arrived in perfect shape too, and they were quick about sending another one out (the one that cracked). I guess YMMV, ultimately I got an OEM factory paint matched spoiler for $70 shipped so I still recommend the guy but it would be SO much better if he would double box them or put something rigid in the box to lessen the chance for damage.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by salvador312
Mmmm! So there is chance of installing this one without drilling! OEM G37 spoiler and 07-08 spoiler wing spoiler you gotta drill! Drilling makes me a bit scared! Not just that! I don't want to make holes in the trunk lid!
Exactly my thoughts. I don't want to drill holes in my trunk. If I ever wanted to go back to stock I wouldn't be able to after that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler for '08 Sedan