V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Help! 2007 g35x driver seat doesnt move

Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! 2007 g35x driver seat doesnt move

i just recently noticed my 2007 g35x driver seat wont go back and forth but i do hear the clicking noise but it just stays in the same position everything else works it goes up down reclines and everything so idk whats wrong any help or suggestion will be appreciated

Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 PM
I have the same damn problem. I am very furious at infiniti right now. I rarely moved that seat as I have been the only driver for years. But my mom was sharing my car for 2-3 weeks temporarily and she has her settings saved where the seat moves a lot forward. One day, the seat wouldn't move back. Every other seat adjustment works. It's only the backward and forward.

Took it to the dealer (nalley inifiniti: I am actually typing this as we speak as they are doing an oil change). The guy reached under the seat and was able to move the seat with the other hand on the power control. He said the gear was broken and that the whole frame had to be replacecd. 950 bucks or so for the part. 650 for labor. Nearly 1600 bucks!!!!!!
What a damn ripoff and what flimsy construction if this car cannot handle a mere 3 weeks worth of seat adjustments. Since he was able to move the seat backwards, I was able to hold off on the decision. But I have to decide fast.

Other threads indicate that if you can get to replace the gear alone by some mechanic, it is a cheap repair.

My advice: If you car is under warranty, do a lot of adjustments within the warranty period itself. THis way, you might as well get it over with under warranty.

I wonder if moving it up and down makes the gears more vulnerable. I noticed the week before that whenever the seat was on high vertical setting(my mom is short and raises the seat to see better), whenever I would go on a speed bump, the seat would displace just a tad. I wonder if that contributed to the quick demise of the gear. I rarely used the up and down setting my first 5 years with this car.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Same with my 04 coupe. Tilt (thigh adjust) stuck in up position. Rarely adjust this but hit wrong switch and now stuck in lousy driving position. Other threads said it may be broken gear, but I look under the seat (it's busy under there) and wouldn't know where/how to replace it.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Seems it's achiles heel of most G's. Suspect it's simply changing/cleaning switch, but don't know how to pull out, and can't find on Driver. If I could just find someone on site who's been there would help.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:05 PM
I decided not to bother paying for the repair since I pretty much am the only one who drives the car. Just curious if others on this thread ever had a chance to get it fixed and it they got a cheaper option.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Another problem is the under-seat lining is so flimsy, a lot of crap falls into the seat mechanics. So once I sort out how to fix adjust I'll have to re-line under as well.