V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Looking for a replacement dash.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a replacement dash.

Well my entire dashboard is falling apart, while looking through google (which for some reason is really hard to do these days) all I could find that was even considered a reasonable price was this http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...xoCkAgQAvD_BwE

Personally Id rather just replace it with a new one and keep up with it, but all I can find is dash kits and covers, no actual dash panels that are less than 1k. Hopefully someone on this forum maybe has information on where to get an actual dashboard and not some overpriced kit.

Its for a 08 g35 sedan.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver forums!

We have several members parting out their cars, try using our SEARCH to make contact with those individuals! Or you could check your local Nissan/Infiniti bone yard, not sure what you'd find!
Gary

Old 08-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
What year is your car?

My black dash has succumbed completely to the cracking issue. Although it is garaged about 50% of the time and never left in the sun without a windshield cover for a long time.

You can also try looking at junk yards or Craigslist. The hard part would be taking off the entire dash. Its doable but a lot of work.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
To keep the next one you get from suffering the same fate I STRONGLY recommend a product called 303 Aerospace Protectant. Excellent UV blocker, I use it after detailing my vehicles and literally cover every interior surface of the vehicle (after vinyl clean/protect, leather clean/protect) except the windows obviously. I live in the hot desert and most vehicles suffer the cracked dash fate here, I have NEVER had a vehicle dash crack. Always leave the windows all the way up in the summer to keep dust out, park in the sun, not even a carport or anything, 100% exposure to the elements and zero issues whatsoever.

The following users liked this post:
dr_dangus (08-04-2019)
Old 08-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
A new dash is close to $1500 after shipping and everything. And that's just for the dash. I'm sure the dealer would charge an arm and a leg to install it also. It's a very long job but follow the FSM and you could knock it out in a day. What I did was pull a damaged dash from a salvage g35 for $100 and removed the vinyl/leather to the foam. Then wrapped the dash in 4 way stretch vinyl using high heat resistant contact cement. Turned out looking like a brand new dash. Took a full day to swap dashes. If you're not familiar with your interior I would say don't attempt it. The most I've was change out all my audio equipment so I was pretty comfortable doing it. Here's a before and after

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a replacement dash.-20170805_181349-1-.jpg   Looking for a replacement dash.-20170730_162325-2-.jpg  
Old 08-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laser Red with black interior. Premium package with sport-turned suspenison . 3.5 L DOHC 24 Valve V6
I have a 2006 G35, her name is Miss Scarlet. I'm very picky about how she looks and try to keep her is tip top shape. Now

I'm having issues with my dash panel as well. It has sticky areas close to the windshield and there are several cracks showing up. I'm looking at the Coverlay dash that someone told me about. Has anyone installed one of these? I've watched the video and it looks easy to install but I think I will have someone do it for me. My issue is the examples of the colors on their website; they are hard to determine. My interior is black but my husband thinks my dash is dark gray. Well, he doesn't drive MY Car all the time. I just think it's just faded out.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Mscarlt
I have a 2006 G35, her name is Miss Scarlet. I'm very picky about how she looks and try to keep her is tip top shape. Now

I'm having issues with my dash panel as well. It has sticky areas close to the windshield and there are several cracks showing up. I'm looking at the Coverlay dash that someone told me about. Has anyone installed one of these? I've watched the video and it looks easy to install but I think I will have someone do it for me. My issue is the examples of the colors on their website; they are hard to determine. My interior is black but my husband thinks my dash is dark gray. Well, he doesn't drive MY Car all the time. I just think it's just faded out.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...today-659.html

Check out post #9871 and on. Might be helpful to u. My interior also looks more like a dark grayish/blue but I guess its just faded black. Or maybe its just Nissan's version of black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.