Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Do you have photos of the cracks? If willing one of the parties involved should post the conversation if they are conformable with that so we can decide what really went on. Right now its just a he said she said story.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
was used bumper

Old 08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by justmyride
Wow you blast my company without Pics? I saw your HUGE cracks. None of them were more than stress cracks from a USED AS_IS bumper. The bumper was not a Strafe Product and Dustin told you this in the numerous texts that lasted quite well after biz hours. He was texting you trying to make things correct. You threatened to go to the FORUM. You used the Forum like a strong arm tactic. You paid shipping for your bumper and for the bumper the sides were supposed to be in same box to save you shipping. So in fact you got a great Price for Greddy sides at $195. You expect a return on shipping for?
Since last night you have been threatening and not been working with Dustin. We even offered to ship to UTAH at our expense creating zero profit as you were explained to make you whole. You also were told we would find you a shop in Utah and get you a discount on work.

Everyone on this forum knows when you buy a used product (especially Fiberglass) things might need some prep work. Stress cracks are not unusual at all. There are no huge cracks and the cracks that you have are right were most of us get them "sidemarkers". the work needed on your bumper shouldn't cost $200 extra. If you feel it is too high then shop around. You told Dustin you were getting a hook up on prep and paint in your city.

As far as Strafe is concerned the only product you bought from My Company was Greddy sides. VIS is moving and has made quite a few mistakes with orders that we have had to try and make right. Why because we are responsible for our orders and customers.. This has been very hard for us and sometimes we have had to ship orders at our cost because they didn't contain all items.

While you have every right to any feelings the Strafe transaction went fine and you were refunded $195 promptly this morning. I have been personally seeing all your and Dustin's responses. You seem to want to blast my company for what reasons. The bumper transaction was private sale. Since you want to Slander my company I would like to see where Strafe did you wrong.
I hope Dustin posts all the texts I encourage him to do so. I have nothing to do with the private sale and everything to do with you blasting Strafe. I would re word your post about Strafe.

Mods please review this thread and advise....The forum shouldn't be used as the OP is using it...

OP if you want to discuss with me further then e mail me at lawrence@strafeautomotive.com....I will stand by my company 100%. I will also defend my company more. Sorry to the forum members for this rant. I can't allow this to happen...

Dustin post your texts!!!!!!
I encourage him to post and threatening texts that I sent him as there were none. And I never said that STRAFE ITSELF was at fault here. However, after having a bad experience with a STRAFE OWNER i personally would not want to buy from Strafe. I will try to get some better pictures and get them posted here but these certainly do not look like stress fractures. I am simply presenting the situation that I had with a Strafe OWNER. THE SALE WAS PRIVATE TO CLARIFY TO ANYONE THAT DID NOT REALIZE THAT IN MY ORIGINAL POST. The only knock that I could have with Strafe itself was that the part was not shipped with the original box and therefore is 2 weeks late. I did not go after Strafe itself and instead went after the owner that I had the negative experience with. I will shop around on the fiberglass but this is from one of the best shops around and I have a personal relationship with the owner and know he would give me an honest price without making me pay for labor.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
+1 if the product was painted how would the cracks been visible? Cmon, put yourself in his shoes. Normal wear and tear not visible by the naked eye...

Old 08-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by bikinilust
+1 on what SDGenius said....

#1.They were used, n painted...he most likely didnt know about the cracks

#2. Even though the side skirts didnt get to you at the same time as the bumper, its not his fault that you were moving so soon.

#3. He did try to rectify the situation by sending the sides to your new address

#4. and again, what SDGenius said... why would he refund you full retail on used sides?

Ive had nothing but great experience with dustin. GReat guy and excellent business man. He knows how to take care of business.
The sides were not used they were from Strafe new. Therefore I should be refunded the full price that Strafe would sell side skirts shipped. Thanks for the thought though!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
so they jus bondoed the cracks and painted over it?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
+1 if the product was painted how would the cracks been visible? Cmon, put yourself in his shoes. Normal wear and tear not visible by the naked eye...
I can understand this but they are fairly large cracks here. I will try to get better photos to put up. I would think that once he found out that the part was severely cracked he would at least talk to me to try to make a deal, which he did not.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Yeah it's a tough situation. On one hand the bumper should not have been advertised as 'ready to respray' but on the other hand how could the seller have known about cracks under the paint? I guess the moral of the story is not to overstate what you are selling? I can see a legit argument from both sides, hope this all gets resolved!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
so they jus bondoed the cracks and painted over it?

No he took the bumper off of his car and sent it to me saying "all you need to do is respray it". Then it came and had these large cracks in it.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
TEXTS COPIED AND PASTED FROM MY BLACKBERRY
iLL Dustin: Him Right but you must realize that it is kinda your fault.. Not trying to be an ***
iLL Dustin: Me But we do what we have to to make this right with zero profit
iLL Dustin: Me I acknowledged it was the warehouses fault and we take responsibility for it
iLL Dustin: Him Understandable but you also try to get zero penalty to the customer..
iLL Dustin: Me There is zero penalty for you in this transaction. Your body shop costs for these parts isn't included or covered in OUR transaction. Those costs are out of Our hands. Hope that is understandable..
iLL Dustin: Him That is understandable.. I will be in utah next thursday so the closer to that date the side skirts reach there will be better
iLL Dustin: Me No problem, just shoot me the address to ship to and I will send them on their way.
iLL Dustin: Him Oh i know that man! From how good your rep is.. Im just tryin to find every possible option here
iLL Dustin: Me I see.. Well let me know in the future if you find a deal on something and I will beat/match the price guaranteed.
iLL Dustin: Him Hahaha we will see if i want to take legal action and the forum will hear about this.. You said all that would have to happen is it be resprayed. I still have the message. you have a nice day as well, im not too sure how you have perfect feedback
iLL Dustin: Me Yes, all you need to do is respray the front. What is involved in a respray? Prep work and sanding?
iLL Dustin: Me You can't just receive the bumper throw a coat of primer on it then spray it another color sir.
iLL Dustin: Him We know that.. we were busy sanding the bumper down so we could reprime and paint it and that is when we can across STRUCTURAL damage.. If we painted over this damage then the cracks would simply resurface
iLL Dustin: Me I don't mean to reiterate, but during the 4/5 years I've had that bumper never has it had any type of accident, been dropped, etc.. My car is garaged 6-8months throughout the year
iLL Dustin: Him You represent strafe.. And even if this isnt through strafe you have an obligation to deliver a product that is workable.. Do you have a return policy?
iLL Dustin: Me Sir, that bumper is NOT a strafe product. There isn't a return policy on personal products, they are as-is.
iLL Dustin: Me Also, you began work on the actual bumper. If it were a Strafe item then we would not accept a return because you had already started work on the product.
iLL Dustin: Me But that doesn't apply to this case because that front bumper came off my personal car.
iLL Dustin: Him Understandable.. I will say dustin from strafe.. That is who you are right?
iLL Dustin: Me Yep, one of the owners.
LL Dustin: Him Well either you pay for the fiberglass damage or we present this to the forum and i get a refund on the sides and order from arch
iLL Dustin: No problem, i just refunded your sides per your request.

i have alot more text available on the phone...

Old 08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Yeah it's a tough situation. On one hand the bumper should not have been advertised as 'ready to respray' but on the other hand how could the seller have known about cracks under the paint? I guess the moral of the story is not to overstate what you are selling? I can see a legit argument from both sides, hope this all gets resolved!
He seems like an extremely nice guy and I was trying everything to find a way for both of us to be happy. It is an extremely difficult situation and it is a blurred line here of who is in the right and wrong. Just presenting the situation

Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
im assuming the cracks went thru and should be visible from the back otherwise maybe their jus surface cracks?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
How much did you pay for the sides? Also, didnt you say that your buddy sanded down the bumper to find the cracks? So the cracks weren't noticeable until the paint was sanded down?

Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
and that is the exact conversation from today above^ There was much more from last night with us trying to work out the utah situation but that is the gist of today. Not to sure where I threatened him in there but ok

Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by shocker611
I can understand this but they are fairly large cracks here. I will try to get better photos to put up. I would think that once he found out that the part was severely cracked he would at least talk to me to try to make a deal, which he did not.
to clear everything up the bumper was not advertised as ready to paint. the bumper has ben on my car for about 3-5 years off and on, modified and resprayed about 4 times.

Most of the forum can vouch for me and tell you that my car never sees the light of day because:
1. never drive it because im always changing things up.
2. stays in stoage because im too lazy to bring it out.

so i knew prior and still know that bumper didnt have HUGE cracks in it because its impossible because i never drove it enough to even damage it severely like you tried to tell me through our texts, sorry you said Structural damage.

i understand stress cracks over time because the bumper was infact used on my vehicle. I told you in PM that the bumper needs/needed to be prepped and resprayed.. now what does prep consist of?

i am not out to jip people or to run a dishonest business because i come from the community myself..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!