Strafe order in process

Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Strafe order in process

I hear bad and good.. Here is my experiance thus far.

My first order was for the V2 headlights. Within 7 days they were at my door. I also ordered 2 sets of bulbs for the new housings, lower and upper lamp 6k's. I wanted the bulbs to match the housing lighting so Dustin set me up with the correct kelvin. I have yet to receive them (almost 3 weeks after the order) however I've been informed yesterday they have shipped from their vender. Awaiting those.

I submitted a 2nd order on the 7th of match.

Inven Front
Strafespeed Rear
TS Duraflex hood.

Dustin quoted me $1,243 shipped.
Invoice reflacted $1,500 but was told to paste his quote in the comments box so I did. Charge to my CC was $1,243 GOOD DEAL!

I asked for a time frame and here is Dustin's reply:

On Mar 8, 2012, at 1:36 AM, "Strafe | Automotive" <dustin.strafe@gmail.com> wrote:

front and rear will be in next week. Hood will be avaiable from duraflex around friday or monday. shipping is approx. 4-8 business days once the items have left the warehouse.

My experience so far is decent. When it comes to communicating via email you may have to ask something twice or 3 times but the team consisting of 2 does get back you.

Anxiously awaiting my remaining parts

Will update after all set and done.

Roman

Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
good stuff, hope all goes well...keep us posted

Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
unnecessary thread is unnecessary, what's the point really ?

unless you're subtly venting about the longer than expected wait time for your bulbs ?

Old 03-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not venting about anything. I don't plan on installing the new housings until i install the 3 body parts. I'm merely posting my experience with Strafe, THUS FAR. Weather my order pans out or not is up to Strafe. I'm not a friend of Strafe as other post states. I'm just a customer from Chicago that is trying to give feedback on my past and current transaction. If sh*t hits the fan I'll let everyone know. If i'm lied to or mislead it's as simple as calling my CC company and if needed i have a damn good layer as my sister's husband.

The following users liked this post:
Strafe Automotive (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Ordered a V2 Trunk on January 19th and im still waiting on it to be shipped Dustin told me it was supposed to be shipped on Monday or Tuesday (12th-13th) but got no news since that.
But I can tell you that these guys right now seems to be very busy so we have to be very patient.

Strafe Automotive (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by DrMax
Ordered a V2 Trunk on January 19th and im still waiting on it to be shipped Dustin told me it was supposed to be shipped on Monday or Tuesday (12th-13th) but got no news since that.
But I can tell you that these guys right now seems to be very busy so we have to be very patient.
Email me your order number. lawrence.strafe@gmail.com I will look into it.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
ah I see I see...

I said it before and I'll say it again, people really should know exactly what they're getting into when they do business with middlemen companies like Strafe or any company who literally doesn't have every item they sell in stock on their premises ready to ship.
I'm not at all saying this in a negative sense but realistically think about it, if you as a shop, deal with a bunch of other suppliers like a middleman then you really have no control at times on when stuff gets shipped out to your customers or not.

So your customer is depending on you and you're depending on your supplier and sometimes it doesn't work out smooth, I would usually blame the supplier in most if not all cases, because it doesn't make sense for a shop to screw around with their customers and have negative threads pop up that affect their business.

If I ran a shop where I was a middleman, I would probably do something simple instead of taking full payment straight up, ask for a deposit of 25% of the full amount upfront, and then get the rest of the money when the product gets shipped from the supplier. I think this would go a long way with customers for obvious reasons. I know one of the more frustrating things you can experience is when you buy something and are left feeling like they just took your money and don't give a fck.

The following 2 users liked this post by Adon:
2004v35 (03-19-2012), Strafe Automotive (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon
ah I see I see...

I said it before and I'll say it again, people really should know exactly what they're getting into when they do business with middlemen companies like Strafe or any company who literally doesn't have every item they sell in stock on their premises ready to ship.
I'm not at all saying this in a negative sense but realistically think about it, if you as a shop, deal with a bunch of other suppliers like a middleman then you really have no control at times on when stuff gets shipped out to your customers or not.

So your customer is depending on you and you're depending on your supplier and sometimes it doesn't work out smooth, I would usually blame the supplier in most if not all cases, because it doesn't make sense for a shop to screw around with their customers and have negative threads pop up that affect their business.

If I ran a shop where I was a middleman, I would probably do something simple instead of taking full payment straight up, ask for a deposit of 25% of the full amount upfront, and then get the rest of the money when the product gets shipped from the supplier. I think this would go a long way with customers for obvious reasons. I know one of the more frustrating things you can experience is when you buy something and are left feeling like they just took your money and don't give a fck.
I agree if the deposit worked we would do it. Giving the fact that credit cards and the rules that banks have run how we do business. If we took a deposit and the person ran off with the product we would be left holding the bag.

Shipping and product supply is the main issue right now. We know that customers are eager to have their products right away. Where we have made some mistakes is not sending a customer just a hello we haven't forgot you. That goes along way..

We have also relied before on the supplier's word on when a item was due in. We passed that along to the customer and when it didn't we were made to look bad.

Really we are trying to improve

Old 03-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
A lot of deleted posts here.. yet I am still getting notifications lol.

BAUSauto (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Post were deleted to clean up the back and forth between vendors. Please play nice everyone.

As was clarified the hood (Duraflex) is made by Extreme Dimensions.

The following 3 users liked this post by CandlestickPark:
Golden_Shower (03-16-2012), My Key (03-16-2012), Strafe Automotive (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
We are very happy to have Strafe as a vendor. Just to make it clear I wasn't questioning the authenticity of the hood.. it was just something else that I found a bit strange. I'll be honest I own a G and I bought a couple parts for my car from them as well. They had somethings I wanted for my car that we didn't carry, same with with Eric and Baus Auto, I've been buying kits for my car from him for years, ever since he was doing this stuff inHOUSE, literally. Dustin and Eric are two good guys, they aren't going anywhere, even if the ETA isn't always correct..

The following 3 users liked this post by Extreme Dimensions:
JaE35 (03-16-2012), SDGenius (03-16-2012), Strafe Automotive (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts

Was all I got LOL apparently I missed some action. It's I blame ED for not explaining clearly >=P

- Eric
626-592-3103

Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
give it time op..its early yet

Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
give it time op..its early yet
You get yours sorted out yet?

Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
You get yours sorted out yet?

nope...at this time im staying quiet, review might be posted later tonight.

hows the car comin?

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strafe order in process