Negative experience R1 Autoworks - Page 2 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

Negative experience R1 Autoworks

Old 02-13-2014, 10:09 AM

OP is a joke must have never modded before. Demanding return shipping label never happens and demanding compensation for UPS damage and time is pathetic. Yes it sucks when these things happens, but it is part of modding. R1 did take care of OP by sending second bumper quickly and not requesting first bumper sent back. Majority of body kit suppliers will demand you ship back the bumper on your own dime.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-13-2014 at 10:14 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhosUrBuddiee For This Useful Post:
Frankieg35 (02-13-2014), R1 Autoworks (02-17-2014)
Old 03-01-2014, 06:00 PM

My quick question has to do with this line from R1:

"Pics were sent and verified that bumper was damaged due to poor packing. We are still trying to figure out why the bumper was sent this way."

Do you not have control of how your products are shipped?
Not being sassy, I ask because I'm in the process of finding the right vendor to purchase a Nismo V2 Front bumper.

thanks,
-chris
Old 03-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Sedan >

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscollins View Post
My quick question has to do with this line from R1:

"Pics were sent and verified that bumper was damaged due to poor packing. We are still trying to figure out why the bumper was sent this way."

Do you not have control of how your products are shipped?
Not being sassy, I ask because I'm in the process of finding the right vendor to purchase a Nismo V2 Front bumper.

thanks,
-chris
So you'd like him to fly from Texas to the west coast just to make sure bumpers are packed up accordingly? Sometimes stuff like this happens as stated in this thread. Hats off to R1 for making it right. It's just a part of business. You're in good hands with him regardless
Old 03-03-2014, 04:07 AM

@JaE35
Just so I understand, vendors sell items, but don't have a warehouse of sorts, but instead have them shipped from source locations? Is this why they don't have direct QC over shipping?

Thanks,
-chris
Old 03-03-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscollins View Post
@JaE35
Just so I understand, vendors sell items, but don't have a warehouse of sorts, but instead have them shipped from source locations? Is this why they don't have direct QC over shipping?

Thanks,
-chris
What difference does it make? Either way this thread is proof that if you receive a damaged bumper R1 will make it right. Lets not beat this thread to death.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

sorry for the delay but i am in Cali for a few wks and will be looking into things to make sure this doesnt happen again but like others have stated things happen but I will make them right. Thanks for everyones support
Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 PM

I have been here long enough to see many sponsors selling body kits come and go. R1Autoworks stepped up and in to a market that many wanted but were too scared about for fear of getting ripped off.

You will NOT get a Strafe or CarBodyKits experience from R1.
The Following User Says Thank You to PAIXAO For This Useful Post:
Blue Dream (04-08-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Banned

Sounds like its time to have a group buy on cf splitters lol

nomsayin?
Old 09-09-2014, 05:30 PM

Man 3-4 days doesn't seem like a long time to wait for a bumper to be shipped I orderd a hood 3 weeks ago and still haven't received an update from r1autoworks on when or if its been shipped..

Lol are hoods different then bumpers? Ive orderd bumpers before Im on my second bumper first one was a greddy replica last summer which shipped out right away the second is an authentic chargespeed (orderd through dif vendor) which has also been about 3 weeks but I received word from them that they make them per order so it's understandable..

I didnt mind at first but now that the cars in the shop actually getting worked on Im starting to fear I'm gonna get held up by these. Sorry if I'm thread jacking just thought I'd try to get a response from r1 as i probably check my pms 10 times throughout the day only to be disappointed lol