G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Video Share (https://g35driver.com/forums/video-share-241/)
-   -   Sedan AT vs Coupe MT (https://g35driver.com/forums/video-share/174795-sedan-vs-coupe-mt.html)

sdnpaul5at 08-28-2007 03:22 PM

Sedan AT vs Coupe MT

Nice run.:driving:

Jeff92se 08-28-2007 03:27 PM

haha! Go sedan! but looks like the coupe was catching up?

Klubbheads 08-28-2007 03:55 PM

stock vs stock the 6MTs will always catch up after 2nd gear. Below 60mph every minor 6mt error will cause them to lose.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b0399d2a-6425-4e5c-925b-e725fa654d79.htmThis is me vs the coupe 6MT 2 years ago. One of the closest races ever! Look at the times at the end.

MIA BlazinVQ 08-28-2007 05:08 PM

^^nice, i cant wait till i can drive my 6MT to its fullest potential(still noob driver, getting better by the day) but i dont kno of any tracks to go to 'round here in miami.

O HELLA JDM 08-30-2007 02:13 AM

nice nice...got to rep them ATs for sho

Woblin_Goblin 08-31-2007 03:00 PM

Nice video. No surprise there ;)

GeeWillikers 10-12-2007 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Heymanisth
It was the drivers, not the cars.
-automatic transmission G35 is rated at 275 hp
-six-speed manual G35 coupe provides 293 hp
Six speed has an extra 18hp

-Manual transmissions are more efficient than automatic transmissions by about 7%, almost another 20 hp lost at the wheels with an automatic

The result is the manual will always put more power to the pavement.

An auto transmission never misses a shift or shifts prematurely.

All that race shown was the incompetence of the 6mt driver, nothing more.

Funny, my 5AT is rated at 280HP, 270TQ. You need to check your numbers. Prior to '05, I believe the advertised numbers were 260/260, but also believe that those numbers were underrated - dynos prove this to be true.

I think you're looking at Altima HP numbers with your quote of 275. I know of no G35 ever rated at that figure.

In the right hands, the 6MT is marginally faster. In the average day to day of folks on the street, the 5AT will deliver the more consistent times if the driver learns to launch properly.

My experience has been that many 6MT drivers are experts in their own minds and rarely anywhere else. :thewave:

ScubaSteve312 10-12-2007 05:02 PM

not really a fair race to start with, the sedan weighs less and yes the AT transmission is deff more consistent

+1 for about the MT having a slight edge over AT if they were an expert

Woblin_Goblin 10-16-2007 03:10 PM

The sedans are lighter than their coupe counter parts. Lets also not forget that the as the model year increases the weight of the vehicle generally also increases (03 vs 05 for example).

The result is the manual will always put more power to the pavement
Really? What if the MT vehicle had a filthy air filter, gummed up spark plugs and a 20+ inch wheels?

OCG35 10-21-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Heymanisth
It was the drivers, not the cars.
-automatic transmission G35 is rated at 275 hp
-six-speed manual G35 coupe provides 293 hp
Six speed has an extra 18hp

-Manual transmissions are more efficient than automatic transmissions by about 7%, almost another 20 hp lost at the wheels with an automatic

The result is the manual will always put more power to the pavement.

An auto transmission never misses a shift or shifts prematurely.

All that race shown was the incompetence of the 6mt driver, nothing more.

In this case your statements are totally bogus! The race was me! There were three races total against two different cars and drivers - both MTs one was a sedan (twice) - the results were the same... and I'm no better driver than they are (in fact they both have quite a bit more track time than me)... right Vlad?...

It is the car, not the driver (at least in the case of the vid you are referencing)…

Klubbheads 10-22-2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by OCG35
In this case your statements are totally bogus! The race was me! There were three races total against two different cars and drivers - both MTs one was a sedan (twice) - the results were the same... and I'm no better driver than they are (in fact they both have quite a bit more track time than me)... right Vlad?...

It is the car, not the driver (at least in the case of the vid you are referencing)…

Don't forget the mods that u had on the car. And the 6MTs that u raced, mine and wallys only had plenum/spacer and exhaust. Stock for stock 6MT is going to be faster i can guarantee it if driven by someone that will take less than a second to shift.

Man u are getting me fired up for the next cali speedway event. :D

redlude97 10-22-2007 05:00 PM

was that run with the 3.7 FD? That would make significant difference on the AT along with the rest of the mods. I'll have to agree with Klubbheads that mods probably had more to do with it than the drivers or transmissions.

Klubbheads 10-22-2007 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by redlude97
was that run with the 3.7 FD? That would make significant difference on the AT along with the rest of the mods. I'll have to agree with Klubbheads that mods probably had more to do with it than the drivers or transmissions.

I dont think he had the FD back then. But his most significant gain was the TS reflash, on top of his mods. And after i got mine tune done now i understand why his car was so quick. My time was 14.3 and his was 14.2. At one 1/8 mile he was trapping about 1 or 2 mph higher but at the end on one of the runs i think i was trapping 98 and he was trapping 97, which means if the race continued on i was going to pass him all because of crappy gearing ratios of the stock automatic car. His car was the only automatic even modified coupe or sedan that i had ever lost to.

Next time when we go with OCG35 I am gonna make sure it gets taped. :D

OCG35 10-22-2007 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by redlude97

nope, that run I had intake, plenum, exhaust and TS ECU... none of the other performance mods you see in my sig... I was virtually the same as Wally and Vlad in the mod department minus ECU.

Skaterbasist 10-22-2007 05:19 PM

I was there for the run. Both were, if I recall, full NA with tunes for that run. Or if not, they were both about the same in modifications. Mike & Wally always went at it :)

The race between those two cars (OCG35 & Wally) was always a drivers race; all coming down to their 60ft's.

Wally got rid of his G35; looks like I have the challenge to take over his spot (gotta get some more mods first!) :D