West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

DO NOT GO TO COLIMA CAR WASH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT GO TO COLIMA CAR WASH

Took my car to the Colima Car Wash yesterday, requested handwash without the wax and didn't think nothing of it... I have taken my car there many times, but this time after the fu**er cleaned the interior, the dude did a fu**ing turning burnout into the handwash area... I was so pissed and rushed to my car, there was 2 guys scrubbing the rims with a toilet scrub, and my stock 18's silver coating was scrubbed off, and underneath was this black material. Also the front passenger mud guard was badly scrached.. I talked to the owner and he just gave. me a card and said he can't do anything' about it... So I just made a claim to my insurance.
Would that raise my insurance rate by making this claim? And what else can I do about it? Can I compaint to the dealer about the weak coating on the wheel?

Any input is appreciated....

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

Old 09-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Re: DO NOT GO TO COLIMA CAR WASH

I used to go there. Took my corolla there a while back. Stopped going since they opened up the car wash on Nogales. The car wash on Nogales gets pretty busy, so I just wash my car whenever i have the time at home.

Old 09-22-2003, 10:51 AM

I don't know myself. I've never had a claim against a carwash. It may be worth making a few phone calls though. I'm not selling my local carwash, but Diamond Bar Carwash does a better-that-decent job. A little pricey, but if you get in there early, when they're not so busy, you'll be satisfied with their results. And they aren't attached to any other parking lot like Colima and Nogales.

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/SAT/Tint/6 Spoke Chrome/Black Badged/Lo-Jack

Old 09-22-2003, 12:31 PM

Man...sorry to hear that Pearl....
I guess that's pretty much the reason why I NEVER take my car to any car wash...just do it myself...spare the sleep and wake up sat. morning at 7am and wash it...
I mean does the car wash have a disclaimer anywhere posted? I'd figure the car wash would have some kind of insurance you can claim it against, cuz that's just BS....
good luck and let us know how it turns out...

Old 09-22-2003, 02:18 PM

If they are a corporation, you can find out who their agent of service is, or their insurance company and file a small claims action against them. your insurance company still has a deductible and although they may say it will not affect your premium, they know that we know that they are lying!!!!

bass turds!!!

You can file a small claim for about $40, and get someone to serve them (I'd be happy to serve them for you for free!) . You can claim up to $5k. If they do not show up at court (whittier), then you will win automatically.

hope this helps. -Ted

Small Claims Resources

'03 Sedan 5a: Silver/Graphite, Premium, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
SolarGard Quant. Tint 19% r, 28% fr, & just a tad more than 4" of 50% on the windshield

Old 09-22-2003, 05:06 PM

Wow thanks a lot guys! These are great information!
Might be a stupid question but can I cancel my insurance claim and go though the small claim procedure? I would much rather do that because my insurance called me today, and the car wash is denying the claim, my insurance will still cover the damage but just the $500 deductable. Hey guys, why is our stock 18's has such a weak coating? Is this something I should complain to the dealers about? Underneath the silver finish it is a charcoal black material, very disturbing to see, I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Thanks a lot for the info guys!!

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

Old 09-23-2003, 02:42 AM

called the dealer earlier and asked them about the weak coating on the stock 18's. The service guy Sergio at Metro Infiniti told me there has been multiple complaints regarding the wheel, unfortunatly they cannot do any repair/replacement due to the fact that there hasn't been enough people complaining about the wheel to make it into a TSB. He said there has been 12 people this month so far made complaints to the Infiniti Consumer Affair, and once enough people complained about it to make it into a TSB, they can start replacing/repairing the wheels at no cost under warranty. If anyone of you is not satisfied with the quality of our stock 18's, please call Infiniti Consumer Affair at (800)662-6200.

Thanks.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:18 PM

Pearl.. that sucks man... thanks for the number though... i just got off the phone with consumer afffairs, logging my complain about the rims.... hopefully more people will do so too... maybe turn this into a whole new thread?

Old 09-30-2003, 07:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats why I hated them MOTHER FU#*ERS @ the car wash, they treat the customer's car like [censored], careless, cuz it aint their car. I seen them used some dirty *** towel to dry the cars. Thats why I wash my own cars... I dont even trust the dealer. The last time I got my car back from service @ the dealer, I see some fine scratches on my hood from cleaning it with dirty towels, no big deal but still... I could see it, cuz I used deal with body paints. So from now on, when I take my car to dealer for service, I request "DO NOT WASH, OR TOUCH MY CAR, LEAVE IT ALONE"

Old 10-01-2003, 01:31 AM

I have only had my G washed once at the car wash since I have owned it. Actually that is the only time I ever had to have it washed. It stays pefectly clean with my rigorous cleaning routine most of the time, but was an unfortunate victim of the summer monsoon one day.

Anyhow, I was very hesitant to bring it there, but I figured it would be better than letting the car bake in 100+ degree water with spots all over it. Suprisingly, they did an excellent job. Like everyone else though this is one of the few times I'd ever risk a car wash. The key word is "risk".