West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Need to get new Ins.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to get new Ins.

Anyone know any good INS. Co.? My INS. is expired and they want to charge me 100 dollars more a mo. Any input can help.

thanks

Ladyg35
Ivory PearlG35 cpe, 6-spd manual tran. w/ Navi

Old 11-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Re: Need to get new Ins.

That was me last year, except it was my homeowners premium that was raised. I have had Mercury Insurance on my cars for years. By switching my homeowners to Mercury, my auto premiums dropped about $300. That was the cut they gave me by having multiple policies with them. Overall, both policies together are $700 (annually) cheaper with Mercury, than before when I had them separate. PM me if you want more detailed info. I'm in Diamond Bar.

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/SAT/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 11-01-2003, 11:39 PM

Lady,

Try calling wawanesa insurance. The rate are cheap but you need to have good driving record. Also they don't have middle man, therefore you deal directly with them.

g35mt

Old 11-02-2003, 01:52 AM

I have mercury insurance through AIS, and it is the cheapest i found everywhere. Not sure about wawanesa though.

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 11-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod

MERCURY!!!

Old 11-02-2003, 04:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Wawanesa and my rate is LOW!!

I have double full premium coverage and I only have to pay $60 a month of 9 months! Three months are free at the end..

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 11-02-2003, 03:35 PM

Auto Club is what I got. Never had a problem.

-Kawika

P.S.
For those who care. I drive a Silver Sedan 6MT CA license plate "KRZ HAYN" = "Krazy Hawaiian". A "Shaka" is always welcome.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

Sam Tong (Farmer's Insurance) - San Francisco
$90.00 / Month!

I had him hook up my service advisor this month.

If anyone else wants lower rartes, PM me and I'll have one of his agents take care of you guys and ladies!

Bobby =)

'03 Sedan / Navi / Desert Platinum / Delphi Sat / 35% Tint

Old 11-03-2003, 09:30 AM

Yeah, my insurance raised up by about $20 buck a month more. I already paid for it....ouch. Probably going to switch by next year.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:06 AM

i'm with allstate,paying $760 / 6 mos. for 03 coupe and 00 bmw i also have home ins with them.when it come to ins. so many things factor in like driving exp,age,where you live,how many miles you drive annualy.i would call around or get a quote online to find out the best rate for you.if you have not done so (:-}

Old 11-06-2003, 03:25 PM
IQ9

Farmers rates are the same no matter which agent you use-they all have to use the company's rating system.Agent means nothing except for the service aspect.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 11-06-2003, 03:32 PM
IQ9

Whats is "double full premium coverage"? And you are on a "9 pay" setup nothings free but it would be cheaper per month if they gave you 11 payments. $540 is a nice permium but what discounts did you get if any? Where are you located?

Old 11-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My discounts:
Over 25
Married
Multi-car
excellent driving record
Theft recovery system
Mature driving course
Driver training discount
Persistency discount

Im located in Northern San Diego which also makes a difference.

My coverage is 45/90/15 on top of that

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 11-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

"IQ9 (Gfreak)
11/06/03 12:25 PM

Farmers rates are the same no matter which agent you use-they all have to use the company's rating system.Agent means nothing except for the service aspect."

I have to disagree with your reply IQ9. No disrespect to your comment but I do have experience dealing with insurance companies. I worked as a F&I Manager at an acura dealer from 93 - 99. The business of car insurance and selling cars hasn't changed. If all insurance companies had followed the same rate chart, then why would they need agents to go out there and get new business? It would be so simple to just go to all the insurance companies and everyone gets exactly the same rate and policy for the car they drive. There's no way that would ever happen. Why do you think there's companies like "progressive" who shops around for their customers? You've heard their slogan.."if we don't have the best rate, we'll find u one that will" or something like that. See here's something I learned. Let's say you're 18 years old and u just bought a new $40,000.00 G35 with all the fixins. You go to school and don't have a steady income. Now compare that to a guy in his 30's and up. He has a house, multiple cars, steady income. Also consider the fact where they live. Let's say this 18yr old with the G lives in San Francisco SOMA (downtown) area. Very expensive rate...and the guy in his 30's lives in San Mateo (suburb) less risk of car theft etc. Do you see where i'm getting at? If the rate charts were the same for each person again, their would be no need for competition and we can just have 1 insurance company cornering the market....Hmmmmmmm Just something to think about...Again no disrespect...just thought I can broaden your horizon! If I'm wrong and you have proof, send it to me! Maybe I can learn something new today.

Bobby - San Francisco

'03 Sedan / Navi / Desert Platinum / Delphi Sat / 35% Tint

Old 11-07-2003, 02:21 AM
IQ9

My answer was directed at Farmers rates not any other insurance company. All Farmers agents get their quotes from the same system so not matter the case(old/young examples) the quote is the same. No Farmers agent can offer you more discounts than another, the system will not allow it.They can miss inputting them though. If you need proof call another Farmers agent and give him the exact same info your current Farmers agent used...and sure enough...the same quote. It should not shock you or be a suprise that the same company would give the same quote, but get a Mercury quote and compare or Progressive if you like. Then you will have 3 different quotes from 3 different carriers. Then you will start to see some premium and coverage differences. If you read what you quoted I never said or implied that all carriers are the same as I refered to Farmers and no other company. Each company has their own rating structure that is filed with the Department of Insurance(DOI) for the State of California. It just seems really odd to have to reply to a post that corrects me on something I did not say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need to get new Ins.