West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Frank Steeves Memorial cruise to Julian

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frank Steeves Memorial cruise to Julian

Sorry I missed out on the run. I didn't get out of work until 2:00 and then had to be back in again at 4:00. Hope you all had fun. Did CoolCatG smoke any cars while you guys where out? Jason, you'll have to take me for a ride sometime.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2004, 11:27 PM

He definitly smoked us. Man the traffic was tough but trying to keep up with the S/C coupe was tough. I had a great time guys and I can't wait to do it again. I think G35spot (Frank) would have enjoyed the ride....

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars

Old 02-29-2004, 12:30 AM

Mike, thanks again for lunch. The ride to Julian was great. One thing for sure, Jason doesn't get to lead anymore on future cruise [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img].

------------------------
Borla exhaust, Nismo sway bar, Z duct, JWT p/c, Kinetix cats [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL! Be nice man.....nice ride Jason hope you can always join us in our little cruises. I forgot to tell you guys that we should have stopped at that glider airport and just took a group shot. Imagine the background full of gliders that would have been awesome. The pies are great just with the kids there are only 2 slices left from the 2 boxes that I bought. Thanks again Mike for the lunch hope we can plan something again for future cruises. Big Bear? Lake Arrowhead? Mt.Baldy? Vegas? LOL!

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 03-01-2004, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the cruise guys! I definitely enjoyed taking a ride in Jason's car (I still owe you at least 50dollars for that gas, LOL) Too bad the others couldn't make it, maybe next time! My wife and I finished off the pie yesterday, it was very good especially with some ice cream! Chris, you've done good with your mods, I love the sound when you're at WOT! Very mean!! Thanks for lunch Mike, next time we need to go to a lobster house (who's paying?!?) LOL.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 PM

Ok, so what did I miss? Extreme speeds? Exciting curves? Scintillating conversation? PIE?!!! I'm sure it was a good mini-meet...

Are you any of you guys planning to go to the BIG meet on 3/20/04? If so, maybe we should hook up to cruise out there?

Old 03-01-2004, 05:28 PM

Well as everyone has already said Jason led the group to Julian. His screen name is CoolCat, anyways he has a supercharger and man that thing is quick, almost as quick as my sedan (just kidding Jason). Sean and I got up to around 120 mph trying to catch up after the rest left us behind some traffic. The road was clear and dry. The weather in Julian was chilly and nice. All and all it was a great cruise, Frank would have really enjoyed it. What a waste that he couldn't be with us.

Do you guys remember that silver sedan that was going the other way and the driver was waving at us? Well today I was getting my hair cut and there was a silver sedan in the parking stall next to me. Another Silver 6 MT sedan. It had the sport package and NAV and Sunroof. Turns out that the sedan that passed us on Saturday belongs to this lady. She is really into her G35 so I told her to get signed on to G35driver to see what is going on. She was asking me all kinds of questions. Anyways small world.

When is the next cruise? Are you all going to the big meet? Maybe I'll see you all there.

See ya,

Mike

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars

Old 03-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah Mike you missed a whole lot of fun. A lot of slow cars in front so we had to school them in the art of passing. LOL! When Jason saw the openning all we did was follow him. That was fun driving not many curves this time, but a lot of straight away passing. Nevertheless, the wife was still digging her nails in my arms and constantly yelling at me to slow down. Women! Party poopers I tell you. Like we told Mike (the other Mike) on the next meet we will throw all the women in the sedan. And us boys can have way more fun may it be a straightaway or curves. Allison even volunteered to drive the sedan, so nice of her.

I'm going to the big meet. Let's setup a place so we can all convoy to the meeting place. I can hook up with you guys at the Cajalco exit on the 15 Fwy. There is a new Best Buy store just off the exit you can't miss it. Let's set it up when the meets gets closer I'm just throwing a suggestion.

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 03-02-2004, 12:15 PM

Meeting at the Best Buy works for me... So does throwing all the wives in the Sedan. That's what the 4-doors are for. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just kidding. Don't want to start any more flame wars...I've had my quota for the day.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:31 PM

Yes, I too had fun on the Cruise and thanks again Mike for lunch, I will take you for a ride again, i worked some kinks out of my car, i think i need to get it re dynoed its that much of a difference ;-)

Old 03-03-2004, 10:49 PM

You guys are killing me with putting all the wives in the sedan crap. Any time, any day I will match the sedan to the coupe. Straight line, road course, whatever. The 6MT base sedan is the true sleeper of the G35 family. At least I don't have an AT. I think my Grandma and Great Grandma have AT's.

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars