West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Nov 1 - Pavs West meets East All Clubs Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nov 1 - Pavs West meets East All Clubs Day

What:"All Clubs West Meets East Pavs Day".
When: November 1 2008
What time: 2PM-10PM (1PM Westside rollout-detail below)
Where: Scottsdale Pavs, and a Westside Rollout Cruise

Let's get a All Clubs Pavs day going. I expect to have a row filled up so it takes 25 cars minimum to reserve a spot. If someone has not been to the Pavilions at Scottsdale, it's quite a big show/meet. Don't forget your folding Lounge chairs, bring your family or date whichever you have.

Lets join in Westside Z Meet, Desert Z Association, AZ350Z, G35Driver, My350z, ProjectZ32, AZ Mazda, and all other clubs as well as any Westside ones you know and otherwise.
I will try to post it up on these other forums as well to have a combined
involvement. If you dont see that I have posted up, please post up and call it "All Clubs Meet".

1PM The Westside Cruise will start at Starbucks on 99th Ave and McDowell location at 1pm. So please show up, and we will cruise from there at about 130pm. We will be caravanning on the furthest right lane and we would like to keep the same spot in the line so if you are on the freeway, please do not reposition to another spot unless there is a safety factor
or something along those lines.

EDITED ADD TO DETAIL

2PM E. Thomas Rd and Scottsdale Rd, at the parking lot nearby the Albertsons gas station (starbucks in there) regroup here and headcount and rollout by 215 or so.

Here is Phoenix New Times clip...

Best Free Car Show
Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show
Venue
Scottsdale Pavilions
9175 E. Indian Bend
Scottsdale, AZ
480-991-6007

www.pavilionscarshow.com
The law of entropy says that energy dissipates if not contained. But humans like to localize their energies, and thankfully so because some of us have some pretty sweet cars. There's no better place to see a hundred or so collector cars than the free Scottsdale Pavilion car show, every Saturday night. The Pavilions Car Show is a weekly gathering of gearheads from across the Valley; the show's Web site says it's the "the largest consistently run car show in the United States."

The cars start rumbling in around 4 p.m. every Saturday, but it takes a couple of hours to fill the parking lot near Best Buy and McDonald's on the north side of Indian Bend Road (just off Loop 101).

By 6 or 7 p.m., the parking lot is usually stocked with hundreds of cars, from vintage classics to modern-day imports with coffee-can exhaust tips. Clusters of make/model and year form naturally.

You'll find rows of 1950s Chevy Bel Aires, followed by 1960s Camaros, and, across the way, vintage Mustangs and '32 Fords. You'll also find a few rows of newer rice-burners, including tricked-out Toyota Supras and Acura NSXs, as well as the usual wanna-be Honda Civics and Volkswagen Jettas with crappy fiberglass ground effects.

If you work up an appetite or just want a milkshake, that McDonald's is a few paces away, and a 5 & Diner is across the street.

Last edited by L33TZOR; 10-16-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Can you leave early? I have never had my car down at Pavs.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
whos all in the caravan on the west side so far?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Can you leave early? I have never had my car down at Pavs.
I've never been there either but its a giant parking lot so I imagine you can come and go as you please.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:13 AM
its a good experience. you can come and go as you please given theres a parking space.
its kinda organized, the mcdonalds runs the show, and they had some rock n roll dj play music.
many cruiser, classics, and an older crowd that comes early and leaves early, then a younger crowd and more tuner oriented rush of cars come in, all the while, theres a crowd of lookers checking out the free show.

timmah, just imagine the meet on northern av and 91st but way busier,
they have a-frame signs that divide where the different make of cars park, and also at times, theres like 50+ motorcycles that group up.
You are more likely to catch some realy expensive exotics there too.

So if its the first time, I strongly suggest coming early, lounge chair-ready and just experience it.

heres a pic from the recent DZA meet this month....to get some idea

Old 10-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by infinus
whos all in the caravan on the west side so far?
as of now, only 3 people actually put their screen name down on the planned rollcall list on wszm forum but i told some other people i know as well as im trying also to put the word out.
Thanks, Ron
DOMO

Old 11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
there were about 20 or so Zs and a few Gs, and even a 240sx, and GTR Skyline. Pics at westsidezmeet.com forum.