West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

I'm Over Burnouts & Donuts + Need Help For Friend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm Over Burnouts & Donuts + Need Help For Friend

All right, so today at work we have a large rear employee parking lot even though there are only 3 or 4 other cars there at any given time. The guys wanted to see my G35 do a few donuts and drifting but I didn't want to do it since some of them compete in drift events so I gave the keys to one of the other guys. I hop in the passenger seat and we take the car down the street and back so he can get the feel for it.
Once back in the parking lot he lets it rip and does some fatty awesome drifts and donuts. Everyone was cheering having a good time thinking we are on private property owner says it's cool as long as we don't hurt anything. I remembered I had my video camera in the trunk so I tell him I'm gonna get it. I start taping he does literally about 40 seconds of drifting (I'll post the video later if you guys want) and just as he was about to shut it down and call it a day, a cop pulls into the customer parking and heads straight for us.

At that point I just start getting scared more than you can imagine about what will happen. I had no idea what my liabilties were and whether the car would get towed. I would have been done by my parents if the car got towed (I paid for the car, but the idea is the problem). They gave him a ticket for reckless driving. I'm still scared and all the guys said they won't send anything to my house, but you never know.

We had a talk with the manager and now no more stupid stuff, I definetly learned my lesson and I'm done with stupid driving like this on anywhere but a track where it is sanctioned and fully legal.

Now here's where you guys come in - what are the laws concerning doing driving like this on private property if the owners semi-condone it and/or don't press charges. This is in Santa Clara country if that is of any use. I will be doing some research and we are all pitching in to help pay the ticket and any other fees he has to pay since we are all equally guilty as far as encouragement, etc is concerned.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:23 AM
Re: I'm Over Burnouts & Donuts + Need Help For Friend

hmmm... since this car was driven on a private property... I'm not sure if a point will be given since it wasn't on a public road. In my past experience, if a ticket or accident occurs on a private property (such as a parking lot in a mall or buisness complex) it automatically becomes out of the hands of the Police department.

I wouldn't be too concerned with additional legal actions taken after the place of the ticket. If the ticket is written as reckless driving only... you should be ok... my friend received a ticket for peeling out at a stop light and received a ticket for reckless driving... $150 ticket... and one point which he cleared.

Good luck,

Ken

Old 07-21-2004, 04:26 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Re: I'm Over Burnouts & Donuts + Need Help For Friend

post the video and come out to LACR Friday night with us. You'll have a blast! See the SoCal forum for details...look for the thread entitled "Friday, 23rd, ...LACR"

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)