West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Costa Mesa Infiniti = Rip off + unprofessional

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2002 | 05:04 AM
|
Costa Mesa Infiniti = Rip off + unprofessional

I went to Costa Mesa infiniti to look at the g35 coupe. First of all they lied to me over the phone and told me that they were selling the car for MSRP when in fact they were tinting all their cars for $900, putting lo jack on for another $1000, and blacking out the chrome for another 900$. They had my car on the lot without all that stuff added on and I told the fleet manager, Martin jones, that i wanted the car without all that stuff added on. He was actually pretty rude and told me he was going to sell the car with those options whether i liked them or not. He even tried to tell me that package was a value. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!! Tinting for 900$??!? I am seriously going to complain to infinit about this dealership. I don't think that infiniti sets the aggressive pricing of the G35 to have dealerships try to gouge customers with dealer add-ons that are a total rip off. Please spread the word. Don't let dealers gouge you or customers. There are some good dealers out there, give them business. Mission Viejo was a good experience.. Tustin.. and Peyton Cramer. I talked to John Lopez at Peyton Cramer for five minutes and he garaunteed me MSRP with NO ADD ONS. Don't let businesses cheat customers just because they can. You're the buyer. THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL YOU THE CAR. BTW Martin Jones of Costa Mesa had the nerve to just say NO to me as I waited and put on his jacket and walk out. If you're going to pay 30k plus for a car you should at least get the service that comes with it.

Old 11-25-2002 | 01:44 PM
Re: Costa Mesa Infiniti = Rip off + unprofessional

I thought I was the only one having problems with Costa Mesa Infiniti. They are cocky and not very people friendly. I also asked to remove all the dealer add ons. They basically laughed me out of the show room. A $3000 dealer add on is a total joke. They gave me a take it or leave it attitude. I also asked to test drive their 6mt. The sales person, "Frank", looked me in the eye and said "No". He absolutely would not let me test drive it. I told him, I would not even consider buying the car unless I can test drive it. He pretty much told me to have a nice day. I can assure you, Infiniti consumer affairs will hear more about this. Don't let this dealership take advantage of you. Go to Mission Viejo, Tustin, or even Cerritos, but stay away from this dealership, unless you are willing to pay the extra $3000 of dealer markups.

Old 11-25-2002 | 02:54 PM

actually mission viejo is pulling some of the same dealer add on's. window tint, lo-jack, chrome wheels etc even before the are even added.

Old 11-25-2002 | 02:55 PM

When I realized I was going to order my coupe, I wanted to shop around all the dealers in the so Cal area to see if I could get a good deal. Martin Jones was the one who called me from Costa Mesa and he was very unprofessional on the phone. He's the only one that kept insisting that he wanted my business and I find that a bit rude. Cerritos wouldn't let me order a car the way I liked it, so that took them out of it. I ended up ordering through McPherson Infiniti in Tustin ... the best dealer experience I have ever had. If you head over there talk to Michael Soler and tell him I sent you. Everyone over there was extremely professional.

Andrew

2003 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 11-25-2002 | 05:58 PM
tk0

I got mine from Glendale Infinity for MSRP as promised, with no attempts to sell me anything else. The manager called me as soon as it came in because my salesman, Zia, was off that day. Another salesman, Emilio, closed the deal. The manager and both salesmen were very professional, nice, and I highly recommended them.

Old 11-26-2002 | 12:57 AM

Just like to add that I too got my g35c 6speed at Glendale Infiniti at MSRP and the service there was wonderfull!!!!! I already have 2 friends buying cars through them at MSRP and would reccomend them to anyone. I dealt with a salesperson named Eddie and he was really nice and they didn't try to push any extras on me at all. All in all it was a killer experience for me buying my first new car!!!!

Old 11-26-2002 | 02:33 PM

I have to agree with tk0 and steferg that Glendale Infiniti was pretty good. I purchased my sedan there and had a wonderful experiance.

<font color=green> . . : : pestilence : : . .
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan .... sports/sunroof </font color=green>

Old 11-26-2002 | 03:17 PM

Yes i agree with everyone also. I purchases my G at Glendale Infiniti. The service was great and the salesmen weren't pushy yet convincing.

Old 02-01-2003 | 03:20 AM

I had a very similar experience to yours except it was at Peyton Cramer Infiniti. IMO, they are the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. I've dealt with USED car salesmen with more manners than the one I dealt with at Peyton Cramer. I was dying to get a black/black 6MT fully loaded but I was having a hard time finding one here in San Diego. But per the Infiniti website I located one at Peyton Cramer. I called them right away to make confirm and the guy I talked to, Micheal Lewis, told me they had one with those exact specs. He even told me that they were selling it for MSRP. I called him again right before I drove 1.5 hours to get there to make sure everything was what I wanted and he kept reassuring me that it was fine. Boy, was I seriously let down when I got there! His fake hospitality ended when I told him I didn't want the $3000 chrome rims that were added on. He supposedly talked to the sales manager and said that they would work with me to make me happy. Ya right! Offering to swap the rims for the stock ones for the cost of labor and then making me buy sealant and lo jack for $3000 instead is supposed to make me happy? Basically, Peyton Cramer was saying they were gonna make an extra $3K off of me one way or another. I took my money and left and they basically acted like "Who cares about you? We'll just sell the car to some other sucker!" They lied to me and then were total jerks! Don't get screwed by Peyton Cramer!

Old 02-01-2003 | 11:25 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

..same experience at infiniti of montclair (LA area)
called them, they had one per the infiniti.com inventory that i found, he said come on in ill clean it up and have it ready for you to testdrive, 30 minutes later (driving), i walk in and its in the showroom with 5K markup for 7Zegen $1500 wheels, got so mad and left, treated like $hit, only way to test drive it was for me to sign the deal, just went to another dealership and ordered me a 6spd, coming in april woohoooo

<font color=blue>-Rambo</font color=blue>
All your base are belong to us!

Old 02-01-2003 | 01:16 PM

It's interesting how sometimes the dealer's let you leave as if they don't care, and other times they back off. When I went to Peyton Cramer to look at a coupe that was exactly as I wanted, they also tried to pull the $3,000 worth of add-ons. When I said 'forget it" and got in my car, the salesman chased me down and they backed down real fast. Got it for MSRP .. no add-ons (Other than Lo-Jack, which I wanted, but I made them give it to me for $600, not the $1,500 they quoted). Maybe it just depends on the time of the month and how badly they need to sell a car that day...

Old 02-02-2003 | 04:16 AM

Love your attitude. Never let salespeople push you around. Especially when they are making a profit out of your business. Definitely let Infiniti corporate know about your horrible experience!

[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img] Love my Black on Black G35 Coupe! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2003 | 04:19 AM

Bought my G-Coupe at Mission Viejo and had a really great experience there. Got my car MSRP and the salesperson Jim was wonderful. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img] Love my Black on Black G35 Coupe! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]