Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Thanks to DAVE@STATUS AUTO DESIGN & VELLANO Wheels, I GOT A NEW SET OF WHEELS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wheels look too big for that car, IMO

Old 07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
ZZ Boy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you see it in real person, TRUST ME it does not look too big. Remember SC430 is pretty big car. I had 19's before but the wheels look small and thats why I went with 20's. Most SC430 guys are starting to get 20's. now.

Also, angle of the pic make a big difference. I you stand normal and take a pic, due to angle of the photo, wheels does not look as big but if you sit/kneel and take a pic, wheels look bigger since the angle forces wheels to be closer.

Thanks for your input.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not really a fan of Vellano wheels...but I definitely love the huge lips.

We are all car enthusiasts here and loving seeing hooked up rides, thanks for sharing.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ssk0771
When you see it in real person, TRUST ME it does not look too big. Remember SC430 is pretty big car. I had 19's before but the wheels look small and thats why I went with 20's. Most SC430 guys are starting to get 20's. now.

Also, angle of the pic make a big difference. I you stand normal and take a pic, due to angle of the photo, wheels does not look as big but if you sit/kneel and take a pic, wheels look bigger since the angle forces wheels to be closer.

Thanks for your input.
You got different pics from different angles and they all look big on the car. If you get the WALD kit and drop it more, it will improve the look no doubt. But right now it just doesn't look finished IMO. Even G35 coupes with 20's and no bodykits or at least better side sills look kinda funny. Not dumping on you, just offering my opinion and you can disregard it if you like. I love your car and I think it's one of the best looking classy convertibles out there.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:57 PM
ZZ Boy
Originally Posted by Chico
You got different pics from different angles and they all look big on the car. If you get the WALD kit and drop it more, it will improve the look no doubt. But right now it just doesn't look finished IMO. Even G35 coupes with 20's and no bodykits or at least better side sills look kinda funny. Not dumping on you, just offering my opinion and you can disregard it if you like. I love your car and I think it's one of the best looking classy convertibles out there.

Hey Chico,

I did not take your comment in a negative way. I believe everyone has their own view and I should respect your view as anyone.

We are all Car enthusiast and we all have different taste.

Maybe the wheels don't look to big for me because I am use to it.

When I got the 19's on my SC430 first, it seemed fine and I was very satified with but after a while, for some reason, the wheel seemed smaller. Maybe thats because I started to see many SC430 with 20's on Clublexus Forum. Thats when I decide to get 20's

Here are some set of wheels I went through on my SC430 since 4/2005

1. 19" Maya GR5 (Silver w/Polished Lip)
2. 19" Exxe-Same as Work Euroline S2H(Brushed??? w/Polished Lips)
3. 20" Weds Kranze LXZ (Chrome w/Polished Lip)
4. 20" Maya GR5 (Silver w/Polished Lip)
5. 20" Vellano VSB 5LS (Brushed w/Chrome Lip)
6. 20" Vellano VST (Brushed w/Chrome Lip)

I went through quite a few wheels.

Once again, Thanks for your input.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ssk0771
Hey Chico,

I did not take your comment in a negative way. I believe everyone has their own view and I should respect your view as anyone.

We are all Car enthusiast and we all have different taste.

Maybe the wheels don't look to big for me because I am use to it.

When I got the 19's on my SC430 first, it seemed fine and I was very satified with but after a while, for some reason, the wheel seemed smaller. Maybe thats because I started to see many SC430 with 20's on Clublexus Forum. Thats when I decide to get 20's

Here are some set of wheels I went through on my SC430 since 4/2005

1. 19" Maya GR5 (Silver w/Polished Lip)
2. 19" Exxe-Same as Work Euroline S2H(Brushed??? w/Polished Lips)
3. 20" Weds Kranze LXZ (Chrome w/Polished Lip)
4. 20" Maya GR5 (Silver w/Polished Lip)
5. 20" Vellano VSB 5LS (Brushed w/Chrome Lip)
6. 20" Vellano VST (Brushed w/Chrome Lip)

I went through quite a few wheels.

Once again, Thanks for your input.
No problem bro and I also see your posts on clublexus and that's how I know you had changed quite a few times. Honestly though...get the WALD kit...it will make your car as sick as it can be...plus a lower drop.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 PM
ZZ Boy
Originally Posted by Chico
No problem bro and I also see your posts on clublexus and that's how I know you had changed quite a few times. Honestly though...get the WALD kit...it will make your car as sick as it can be...plus a lower drop.
Yeh, I know.

Like I said before. I am waiting for Tein CST Coilover to come out. I also checked with L-Tunepart (Carson Toyota) and they still had the Wald Kit in Stock so I just may pick that up first. Steve was not there so I was not sure if they are still on sale.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
Wheels look too big for that car, IMO
I disagree!!! wheels Look just right on that car(size and all) I would of done the same thing Great looking car and wheels Props Btw I don't see too many of those SC430's hooked up like yours, one of the nicest I'v seen yet!!