Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Man, what the H** HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, what the H** HELP

OK, The other day I got a flat, I was going to just get it plugged until I was ready to buy an entire new set, so I took it to Goodyear (Gemini) to get it done, but they found 3 nails and tire shredding in the tire. They did not sell the stock miche. Pilot sport, so they recommend putting some fierce hp's on which were about 119 a piece. I asked the guy would this make a difference (one old michel. And one new fierce hp) because if so, I will just get two new fierce hp’s for the rear and call it a day. He said no; I asked him if the other tire was worn, he replied yes, so I told him to replace them both. Ok, so after an hour and a half, I get my car back, I drive up the street lightly (mind you), and notice rumbling like crazy. I immediately pulled over and checked the new tires, and one of the new tires were not screwed down and my rim was practically hanging off the axle. So I turned around, went right back to Goodyear and told them what was going on (this was 4 minutes max). The guy came out and apologized and said it was his fault, screwed the tires on properly and I went straight home (and slowly, not driving like I usually would have). The next day, I had to make a run to the bank and notice that my car felt like it was sliding, not handling like it did before. It felt like I was driving on ice, not even driving like I usually would. It felt like it had a film on the tires or something. As I got off the interstate, my "slip" came on doing less than 40 with no separation in the asphalt to trip my "slip". I know they are cheap tires, but my question is, would it make that much of a difference were I do not want to drive my car? I took it back to Goodyear yesterday and told them, "Something is wrong". Long story made short, he said he doesn't feel it and I told him if this is the result of the tires, then get me what I had up there and he proceed to order the michel. Pilot sport’s. If this fixes the problem then I will not be concerned, but if it doesn't, what could be the problem?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:28 AM
There is def some wax on all new tires that has to wear off, but it shouldn't make you slide around unless you were to push it. Maybe the tire diameter is slightly different and the VDC is getting confused? What tire size is installed?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 AM
245/45 r18
its a 2003 coupe mt

Old 07-23-2006, 11:39 AM
how would I know if it isn't the swaybar or something else? because the car isn't handling like it once did before for certain

Old 07-23-2006, 12:00 PM
The original tires had a 26.8" overall diameter, can u find spec's for the Fierce HP's? I couldn't find them on the trusty tire rack site. Hopefully something didn't get bent with the wheel wobbling on loose lugs... Maybe get underneath the car and look around and something that may have been hit, although that shouldn't be of too much concern since you were moving slow and stopped right away.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:03 PM
canI find that the size on the tire some where?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:06 PM
i plan on jacking the car up and looking for something, but I do not know where to look perse that would cause that problem.
i jus tknow its somewhere in the rear. I use to have a tight snuggle handle on my car, now I feel like i'm driving my old 97 mustang, the handling is that poor. I feel like I'm sways if I jerk my wheel slightly from left to right, as a matter of fact, it feels like I'm driving on an underinflated or flat tire if that helps!!!!!!111