Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

6MT Coupe Transmission Revisited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6MT Coupe Transmission Revisited

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys are still having the issue with idle noise from transmission or rough gear shifting... I am still not satisfied with Infiniti's action towards this issue, I am bring the car back for the 5th time in the past 6 months I've had the car, the dealer's attitude seems to be gradually turning from concerned to nonchalant. In fact, the service guy told me, "people are getting used to the noise and shifting, maybe you should too...." >(
I am not going to stop complaining about this to my dealer until I am satisfied, and hopefully more people make their voice heard to their dealer, and have this POS transmission fixed!

BTW, my friend who recently purchased a Lexus IS300, and had been having problems with putting the car in reverse, he brough the car back to the dealer 3 times for the same problem within 6 months and the dealer informed him about the Lemon Law which states if you bring the newly purchased car to dealer within' 6 months for the same problem, they have to replace your vehicle with a brand new one, and that is what he got, A BRAND NEW CAR...
Can anyone confirm that? Is that just for Lexus or for Infiniti as well? I am going to make the request when I bring the car in next tuesday, I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks for your time.

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

Old 10-09-2003, 12:31 AM
Re: 6MT Coupe Transmission Revisited

"people are getting used to the noise and shifting, maybe you should too...."

did they really say that to you? That's a rude comment and you should complain about that. The idle depressed clutch chatter is from the throw out bearing. My racing clutches sounded like that, but I wouldn't expect a stock clutch to. When i brought mine in to have it checked they matched it up to another G that was in for service. They gave the car back to me and told me that they all make that noise. I was thinking "ok they're all broken".

Oh well, after 10k the shifting is very smooth. I just always keep the clutched press so I never hear the chattering. I'm fine as long as they replace anything that brakes from defects. For now I'll just drive the phuk out of it and constantly give negative feed back on Infiniti customer service.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 10-09-2003, 07:38 AM

lemon laws are state laws, regardless of dealer. though some dealers are more forward than others. each state has different statutes.

04 6mtC

Old 10-09-2003, 09:43 PM

ya I noticed that. I've never seen a statue like this one I saw in Golden Gate Park. I think it was a one of a kind piece of art hand made.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem