Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Your afterthought after installing after Coilovers

Old 10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your afterthought after installing after Coilovers

I've been reading alot of old posts of a few users here and in the Z forums about aftermarket coilover kits. Back when I lowered my car their was really no kits available. Now we have 3-6 kits available for the G35.

For the people who have installed aftermarket coilover kits or have done extensive research on them, how do you like them? If you go back in time, would you have done anythink different?

I'm basically thinking of install a coilover system to retire my Eibach's. I think the Eibach's looks great, but I think the fronts is a bit slammed for my taste. It has settle in nicely and I can't even fit a finger in there.

I'm looking for:
1. Stiffer than stock, but not to firm. I will probably never take my car to the track.
2. Height Adjustibility

That's about it. Nothing fancy. Ride quality is my first concern. Also when you adjust the height do you have to take of the wheels to adjust them?

Thanks for your input.

G35C 6MT / AMG E55

Old 10-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Re: Your afterthought after installing after Coilovers

that would be a good move to go to a full coil over system.

going with just springs is always a bad idea. You would eventually (soon) have to replace your shocks.

Try some Hipermax LS. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. JIC and cusco are supposed to be pretty stiff for road, the Hipermax are a little more street friendly.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 10-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking at your want's and desire's, it would be pretty difficult to give reason why any other choice other than the HKS LS coilovers should be made for you. Only other one that come's to mind would be the Tein CS, but for the $170 difference you'd have to want the dampener adjustability that the CS offers. The HKS LS kit's can be had for $1377 (NOT a group buy everyday price) and the Tein CS kit's can be bought for $1549.

Sidenote: The HKS LS coilovers are unversally praised by their owner's for comfort.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 10-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Running for his life!!

That's what I was thinking. But what is the word on Tein Basic Coilover? Their are not to many user review on them. They are 1/2 the cost compared to HKS.

G35C 6MT / AMG E55

Old 10-17-2003, 08:05 PM

I own an HKS hypermax ls. i love the quality on of the ride. I will soon upgrade to Tein Flex with edfc kit. Long story as to why i am upgrading but regardless, i am going to miss my HKS.

As for Tein Basic, i think Narkotic got on his car. He test drove my car and yes, HKS is softer and more confortable than the tein basic. But he doesn't like that, he likes stiffer and that is what the basic does.

BTW, to adjust the height on the rear is a pain in the rear. I mean you can do it without removing the wheel but mo easier if the wheel was taking off. For the front, just lift the car and way you go. I believe the tein basic is the same. I believe the way our car design, doesnt matter which kit, the rear wheel need to be remove so that is easy to adjust.

One thing if you decide to go with HKS, there is no damper adjustment. Meaning, you can't adjust the softest or stiffness. Most of the coil over allow you to adjust the dampering but this HKS. If you want, there is a race version of the coil over from HKS that allow you to adjust the dampering. If you don't plan to take out the car to the track, then HKS is for you. Trust me, if you like it...

I will be going to the track in December, that is the reason why i am upgrading.

g35mt

Old 10-18-2003, 07:07 PM

Yeah, I drove g35mt's car and it rode like stock only lowered. I prefer a more stiff setup and my basics are perfect for me. I think you'd be happy with the hks ls system wreck..

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 10-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how low can you drop the car on a g35c with the hks hipermax ls coilovers? has anyone dropped it all the way on coilovers yet? if so, any pics of how it looks? and how is the ride with the settings all the way down? I just want a no finger gap drop or maybe tuck the wheel just a tad bit...

with the eibach pro kit springs how low does it drop the front and rear? and how big of a gap if any? i want to see a g35c with the eibach pro kit just so i can see how low it is