Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

People with TEIN--Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People with TEIN--Help

I just installed the TEIN Basic Coil-Over setup on my coupe.

My back wheels/tires are bowing quite a bit. I was wondering if the replacement camber rods fix this, or is there something else I can do?

I set the drop to the reference values in the TEIN manual.

I am running Volk GT-7's, 19X9.5 with +24 offset. The tires are Falken 451's, 285/35ZR19.

I have only had them in for a day, about 10 miles. I figure as they settle it will get worse.

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks.

J

Old 11-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Re: People with TEIN--Help

I've ordered the Kinetic Racing camber rods & traction rods, there were a couple posts about them, and those who've got them love em . . . I have the tein basics as well, but i haven't installed - awaiting wheel delivery, i'm lazy so i'm going to have a freind do the instal on the suspension, rods, wheels and do the alignment all at once . . .you can also check out my350z there is monster post over there about em

Old 11-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, only problem with those rods is getting them actually shipped. You will want to email the guy to find out his production schedule before sending payment. I've been waiting about 3 weeks (after payment) and it looks like it will be optimistically early next week before I see the rods.

--Steve

Old 11-11-2003, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the info.

What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? And can you post their contact info?

Is this the same setup that stillen wants $450 for??!!

Amazing how I can buy an entire TEIN suspension for $800, 4 shocks, 4 springs and Stillen wants more than half that for a couple of threaded rods with "johnny joints" welded to the end. Is Stillen good for anything?

J.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
NAV-less
TEIN Basics
Volk GT-7's
Falken 245/35/ZR19 & 285/35ZR19

Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 PM

yea, he says they go into production today and get sent out on thursday . . .

and one set is the same as stillen for that set its bout 200, the other set is bout 200 as well - but that's to correct severe toe

check on ebay for them, they're posted up there, just don't buy from ebay - heard horrors

Old 11-11-2003, 07:37 PM

can someone give me some details and pics of the tein basic coilovers....

how much ? where did you get them?
are they height adjustable? is it a shock/spring combo?

thanks

Old 11-11-2003, 08:49 PM

Check out www.tein.com

They are height adjustable but not ride adjustable. Only very SLIGHT increase in stiffness over stock, IMHO.

And yes, they are shocks and springs.

J.

In the pic: The left side are the shocks and springs for the front. The shocks and springs on the right side are for the back.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
NAV-less
TEIN Basics
Volk GT-7's

136849-Image003sm.jpg

Old 11-11-2003, 08:52 PM

jaxxx,

PM narkotic. He has the tein basic coil over set. If i understand it correctly, you should able to adjust the height only. Not sure about the dampering.

I just got my Tein Flex with EDFC installed last weekend. This set is pricey but well worth it. The softest setting is more confortable than the factory suspension. I had HKS LS coil over set before. The softest setting on the tein is actually little stiffer than the HKS but still softer than the factory.

i set the edfc setting to 4 for fronts and 5 for rear, it's really stiff. I had that setting while on the freeway for about 10 minutes, got a major headache outa it. But on a local street with smooth surface, the stiff setting is the best. I love how i can totally feel the control over my car. On freeway, i set to the softest and when i feel like driving hard, i change to stiff.

Please note that the EDFC only allow you to control the dampering while u r in the car, not the height. The reason why i got this is because if you want to manually adjust the dampering, for the rear, you will have to take out the shock and adjust it. This can be a pain in the butt.

To adjust the height, you will have to lift the car and take out the tire. Don't need to take out the shock at all. After adjusting the height, u will need to drop the car and drive around so it can settle. Repeat again if height is not urs tasting.

Anyway, long story short, the flex with edfc is awesome. Pricey but very good.

g35mt

Old 11-11-2003, 11:38 PM

thanks

Old 11-12-2003, 02:51 AM

Any pics of it on the car? Have you had it aligned yet? They may be able to pull the camber in a little.

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 11-12-2003, 03:51 PM

orljmh..is that your set for your car????/ do you have it on the car ??/

give some comments about it

Old 11-12-2003, 04:13 PM

Yes, that picture is of the set I installed on my car saturday night.
I absolutely love them. And I am very happy with the ride quality. This setup has a very near stock feel and is alot better than Eibachs I have had in the past (on 2 300ZX's, and 2 Mustangs).
I am pleased with the ride, the handling, the quality of the product and the value.
I was really leaning toward the Flex system but all I kept thinking about was the adjustable Rancho shocks I had on my HUMMER-killing Jeep. This was a setup that used a small air compressor to change the dampaning force of the shock. In all honesty, once I set them where I wanted them, I never touched them again, off or on road. And the Basics TEIN system gave me the height adjustability I wanted and I think the ride is about what I would have set it at anyway. TEIN knows their stuff and set these up about perfect.

Of course the Flex is better, I would never say otherwise, but I only paid $800 as apposed to around $1800 with the controller.
That $1000 is now in my turbo/supercharger fund.

I will post pictures as soon as I can... it has been raining her in Orlando all week.

Jeremy

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
NAV-less
TEIN Basics
Volk GT-7's

Old 11-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve you suck man.....you think you have enough stuff on that coupe of yours.......can you feel the jealousy over here?

<font color=blue> </font color=blue>

Old 11-12-2003, 08:30 PM

glenn,

it's all about priority man. I don't have any where else to spend on except my little babe.

But i should be saving up for my house. Dang...ok ok..no more toy from now on.

g35mt

Old 11-12-2003, 09:26 PM

NOTLOWNF:
I have not had it aligned yet. I just installed it late saturday, only driven it about 10 miles since, everything I read on here suggested given it a few weeks to settle before doing the alignment.
Minutes ago, I order the Kinetix Racing Camber Rods (hopefully they will do the trick) so I will wait till I get these and put them on before I get it aligned. I don't drive the car enough to make a difference to the tires in the next few weeks.

Here is a picture. Sorry about the dusk time pics. First chance I got when it wasn't raining.

Jeremy

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
NAV-less
TEIN Basics
Volk GT-7's
Limo Tint, Clear Sides

137570-Image002sm.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: People with TEIN--Help