Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Handling question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handling question

Hi,

The past few months I have experienced little feel of discomfort when I pass 75 mile an hour. It alsomost feels like I am losing control of the cover, more like floating. Does anyone waht could be causing this issue?

At one point I noticed, my steering was slightly to the left when the wheels are straight. I took it to SEARS a couple of times and they said they aligned it a little bit but it hasnt gone away. Any advise.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not saying alignment is the problem, to be honest I don't know. Could be a tire problem.
But given all that, in general I would not take the G to a chain store for alignments or most any work for that matter.
If possible, find a good import mechanic, maybe one that specializes in Nissans, etc. An independent that is well trained and experienced with a fully equipped shop.
There is a difference between getting an alignment that just meets spec and one that is accurate for your car. I discovered my mechanic could not center spec the camber on the right rear. But he could get it in limits.
After he got it in limits, he went back to the left side (still in limits) to balance it to the setting on the opposite side. I don't think most chain shops would go to that trouble.
He has a lot of experience with Minis, Gs, bimmers, Vettes, etc and many of these cars he has set up for autoX runs as well as lowering of the vehicle.
Might not be easy to find one, but I think it's worth the search.