Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

hankook ventus sport k104, review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hankook ventus sport k104, review

I needed some new shoes cuz my nittos were wearing down. I got a really REALLY good deal on a set of hankooks (width: 245 fronts/275 rears) so i decided to get them and had them installed a few weeks ago.

first impression: before installation i looked at them and they had a great tread pattern. upon driving on the highway the noise was a little more noticeable that the nittos i had before them. after a few days of regular driving i decided to hit some turns a hard. the ride was comfortable. i thought i would be sacrificing grip since they are kind of cheap tires but i can honestly say i was pleasantly surprised with the grip.

upon further review: i recently took a trip to pacifica and decided to take the crazy mountain twisties instead of the major highways. The tires were already warm by the time i got to the twisties so the first 30 minutes of extreme spirited driving awesomeness was a major pleaser. These tires gripped really well, especially when driving over the usual imperfections in the road. however once i got around the 45 minute mark the tires started to feel pretty soft and spongy. i had to drive the last 15 minutes at a slightly spirited pace.

overall, these are great tires for it's price point and i recommend these to anybody who doesn't want to spend too much on tires. just be weary if you plan on riding hard with these and pay super close attention to what the tires are telling you.

for all you norcal bayarea folks. skyline blvd hwy 35 FTMFW!!!