Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

5zigen ZR+ offset & Tire Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5zigen ZR+ offset & Tire Questions

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into purchasing a set of 18" 5zigen ZR+520 wheels for an 04 coupe w/ brembo.

5zigen told me the combination of (Front) 18" x 8.5 with offset +37 and (Rear) 18" x 9.5 with offset +30 is going to rub the inner fender of the car. They recommend offset +25 for the front and +20 for the rear. The strange thing is, the wheel spec. posted on 5zigen USA website indicates +37 offset will clear V35(brembo), but the guy from 5zigen told me that spec. is for sedan.

My question is:

If offset +37 has enough space to clear the brembo, does that means any offset < +37 will clear the brembo as well? It also means +25 will be more align with the fender when mounted. Correct? Base on my limited knowledge, it makes sense. But still want to seak for more opinions to confirm this before I actually place the order.

Another question is regarding the tires for this set of rims. Is it possible to mount 225 width tires on 8.5 and 245 on 9.5? I am trying to use up the remaining life of the stock tires before replacing them.

I did some research on the forum, but I didn’t' see anyone has this wheel on a previous gen. G coupe. Does anyone have this set of wheels on their coupe?

Thanks very much for your time.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Comments Please =)

After all, I decided to purchase these wheels to replace stock 18s for now.

My stock 18s had too many scratches on them and I finally couldn't stand them anymore. Therefore, I started looking for an average quality replacement within fairly affordable price range before I can get my mind set on which 19s/20s to go with. On top of that, as an un-expected bonus, I think these are lighter than stock 18s.

So, What do you guys think? All comments are welcome. Thanks

BTW, Just for everyone's information. If anyone likes this wheel but would like to have them in bigger size. I think 5zigne starts selling these in 19s this month I believe.

Attached Thumbnails 5zigen ZR+ offset &amp; Tire Questions-ip_g_5zigenzr-.jpg  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sweet wheels, i got a set of FN01R-Cs on my 240sx, 17x9 +20 all the way around with 235/40 tires. the tires look a little streched and it should be the same look if you use your stock tires on those rims. the tires will fit. did you get the rims through DTD? How much per rim? the only think i don't like is the center cap. the picture you provided it just doesn't seem to flow with the wheel color and car, otherwise good looking wheels.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Yes, I stretched the original tires I have on the stock rims to these wheels. Just to use up the remaining life of the tires. The stretched tires are actually very obvious when seeing in person. Especially the rear . But it’s only a temporary thing for now. Therefore, I didn’t bother to purchase a new set of tires at this moment.
These center caps came with the wheels. I don't think I have much of a choice. Or do I?? I did think about replacing the center cap w/ other 5zigen wheel center caps.
Btw, I paid around 1k for these.