Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

**HELP**Alignment after lowering question???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**HELP**Alignment after lowering question???

I have a sedan and am interested in lowering it with the Eibach Pro-Kit. However, I've been told that I have to align my car to factory specifications after lowering it. First of all, why does this need to be done and what does it do? How much should it cost to align? How long after I lower my car should I align it? Thanks for the help!

Kolohe
--2003.5 6MT Sedan, Black/Black, Sports Package

Old 04-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: **HELP**Alignment after lowering question???

it needs to be done as it changes the geometry of the suspension components. You need certain angles to ensure proper camber/caster/toe-in (search for these terms on google, as you should know what they are before lowering a car).

your suspension will settle some after you lower it. so wait a few hundred miles or so until you bave it aligned. what you will notice most is front and rear camber. Rear camber will have a direct impact on rear toe-in possibly resulting in a "rear-steer" effect.

Rear steer is good to have on cars on a circle track, but kinda sucks on a daily driver.

Better Life thru Chemistry
Black on Black 03.5 Sedan 6MT - Goodyear F1 GS-D3's 225/55/17, Custom Intake Tube, HyperGround Kit, Magnaflow resonator.