Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Ordering Tires Online

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering Tires Online

I am replacing the rear tires on my 2005 Coupe with stock 19s. I have decided on Falken 452s 255/40/19

I planned to go to discount tire who has them for $204/each, but I have found them online for $165/each.(www.edgeracing.com)

I have never ordered tires online, so I am not sure how much it will cost me to get the tires mounted once I receive them. Also, it is difficult to find a shop that will do it?

In the end, does it work out much cheaper?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Biohazard
I am replacing the rear tires on my 2005 Coupe with stock 19s. I have decided on Falken 452s 255/40/19

I planned to go to discount tire who has them for $204/each, but I have found them online for $165/each.(www.edgeracing.com)

I have never ordered tires online, so I am not sure how much it will cost me to get the tires mounted once I receive them. Also, it is difficult to find a shop that will do it?

LMAO! Have u heard of yellowpages.com, 411 telephone number and countless other search directories for every single business in ur local area.
The mount and balanced should not cost u more than $60. People crack me up sometimes.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Finding a shop is obviously not an issue. My question was more are they willing to mount tires that they did not purchase.
I can see potential liability if they mount a defective tire that someone purchased online, the customer has an acccident, but then tried to sue them.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Finding a shop is obviously not an issue. My question was more are they willing to mount tires that they did not purchase.
I can see potential liability if they mount a defective tire that someone purchased online, the customer has an acccident, but then tried to sue them.
yes they would mount the tires on the rim without any problems. Any tire/rim shop would put them on and balance them.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the Falken FK452's from Edge Racing the other night (Front and Rear). Yes, just about any shop will put them on for you as long as they have the equipment to mount 19" tires. Generally you will save money buy buying the tires online and having someone locally install them. However, a guy I work with had the local firestone price match a set he found on tirerack (or somewhere else) and not only did they price match it but they beat the price. In short you are going to need to pick up the phone like Klubb said.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the advice

Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing I found, If you want a professional to install them with the up to date touch less rim machine you are going to pay 25 to 30 dollars per tire. This would include mounting, balance, valve stem, disposal fee, shop fee and taxes. I have found cheeper places with old mounting machines that end up scratching your rims with people that show little care for your rims. Most tire chains will match the Tire Rack prices, it's the mounting that bites.