Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

New wheel spacers. Wheels keeps getting loose. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New wheel spacers. Wheels keeps getting loose. HELP!!!

Ok, so I bought a 350Z 10mm Kics wheel spacer without hub centric rings that the guy said should fit my G coupe(rear). For some reason my wheels would always come loose and I need to retighten the lug nuts after an hr of driving. Anyone know why? Today a girl drove up to me and said my rear wheels were shaking, though I didn't feel it. I just slammed the car with a set of DF210 and have some negative camber. I wonder if that has something to do with it? The spacers themselves seems snugged, though I did had to take out the OEM hub centric ring to get them to fit. Please any suggestion would be great!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:47 PM
God dammit! I found out what was wrong with it and I'm pretty damn pissed about it!

The Kic spacer with studs on them did fit my car just fine, the only problem is that the stock stud was sticking out a little too much and they were hitting on my rims and that's explain why my wheel keeps getting loose. If I had known about this, I would've gotten spacers without stud and use a new longer ones.

Anyone know of a way around this like maybe putting a washer behind the stock stud to shorten it in the front?

I will sell these spacers if I can't find a solution.

Last edited by noize; 10-12-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by noize
God dammit! I found out what was wrong with it and I'm pretty damn pissed about it!

The Kic spacer with studs on them did fit my car just fine, the only problem is that the stock stud was sticking out a little too much and they were hitting on my rims and that's explain why my wheel keeps getting loose. I guess the GTS +17 in the rear was too aggressive for these spacers. If I had known about this, I would've gotten spacers without stud and use a new longer ones.

Anyone know of a way around this like maybe putting a washer behind the stock stud to shorten it in the front?

I will sell these spacers if I can't find a solution.
really the only way is to shave down the stock stud or cut it down a bit..orrrrrrrrrrr you can kinda drill out the cavity of the wheel where the stock stud is sticking in

doing it the first way may mean you can never go back to stock lengths without pressing in new studs

another option is to trade for some 15mm spacers that'll push it out about 5mm more from the stock stud

Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Nismo, good advice.

I'm leaning towards drilling into the cavity of the wheels since the cavity itself had some small opening...its just not a wide enough hole for the stock stud to go through. It doesn't look that hard and will save me a lot of hassels.

I thought about the 15mm but man, that will rub like crazy!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by noize
Nismo, good advice.

I'm leaning towards drilling into the cavity of the wheels since the cavity itself had some small opening...its just not a wide enough hole for the stock stud to go through. It doesn't look that hard and will save me a lot of hassels.

I thought about the 15mm but man, that will rub like crazy!
but the only problem with drilling or digging into the cavity of the wheel is.. how deep can you go?? lol you dont wanna dig too deep and come out the other side haha

well you can always try the 15mm's and see if it rubs.. then if it does.. you can always get your fenders rolled... good luck!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
G SQUAD
Had that issue w/ my 20mm project kics spacers. I shaved the my stock lugs down and that was the end of it.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I tried drilling and it barely made a dent on the rims. Those Volk aluminum are rock hard!

I think the easiest way is to get a 13mm spacer and it would be perfect. IS there a place that sell nonstandard size whel spacers?

Vin, what tool/saws did you use to shave the studs? 2mm is all I need tyo take off.