Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Work USA/Ravspeconline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Work USA/Ravspeconline

Check the link. I'm pissed at Work USA for not standing behind their product.
I'm also disappointed at Raxspeconline for selling me wheels that failed and not trying to advocate for me with Work. I will never but their products again. I will probably never buy wheels from an internet company ever again. They do nothing to provide customer service. Besides, with the economy the way it is, you can get the same prices locally now. Everyone is making deals and at least you'll have better support with issues. I probably would have left Ravspecout of this but Rick had the audacity to offer to sell me replacement wheels after telling me there was nothing he could do. That just got me. WHy would I buy more of the same junk...especially from Ravspec. Read the story.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...peconline.html

Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh crap...I just placed a deposit for the exact same wheels from Rick/Ravspec. As usual, it's the case where ppl are quick to take your money, but always hestitate to refund/warrantee.

Anyway, I hope everything will eventually get taken care of, and I really hope the same thing doesn't happen to me. *knocks on wood*

Old 01-16-2009, 04:20 AM
You have had your wheel for over a year, alot could have happened. Not a big deal. easy fix, every set has some blemishes.

Being pissed off at Jim wont resolve any issues, I suggest you try a more persuasive approach.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:04 AM
So after a year this issue appears. A LOT can occur within a year, and while you say you know about every crack/scratch/blemish, I find that to be impossible. You are throwing blame at everyone else, but not yourself and coming off extremely strong given you haven't even taken the wheels somewhere for someone to actually take the time to determine what went wrong.

I dont' see any reason why its Ravspec's fault and as for Work's fault you need real third party proof to determine that. However if it was Work's fault this would have appeared much sooner. A lot can happen to a set of wheels in a year.

Stop trying to drag their reputations in the mud, take your wheel to get analyzed then come back with factual information.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:05 AM
It has not been a year yet.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
As per your message on clublexus that you purchased march 2007 its been 1 year, 10 months, even if you meant march 2008 its still been 10 months. my point wasn't that it was over warranty or anything like that. My point was that it didn't happen within the first month or so of ownership and that there are far too many factors to consider when placing blame. Factual information from a third party can help everyone out in the long run. Had this appeared after the first rain/wash/etc... then you could go immediately to work and ravspec and say that it clearly can't be your fault. Retailers only have so much pull when it comes to manufacturers and I don't quite understand how he is at fault - he seemed to be rather helpful within the other forum.

Last edited by caly2121; 01-16-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: fixed stupid math problem
Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by ice350
It has not been a year yet.
Originally Posted by ice350
I got these wheels in March 07.
The second quote is what you said in clublexus.

07 and now is 09...so that makes it almost 2 years...

Anyways, you should not slander RavSpec or even WORK wheels. As I have been working in the wholesale wheels industry before, there are way too many factors that come into play when you want wheels for warranty. Structural warranty is lifetime, but finishes are limited (most companies offer 1 year finish warranty and some 2). I don't know what happened to your rims, but I see you live in florida, so maybe it was the salt from the ocean breeze or what not...but it obviously was not a manufacturer defect from what I can see. If they have failed to clearcoat it properly, it would have shown from the first months of driving and dirt deposit. RavSpec was nice enough to even ask WORK wheels what to do and ask for a warranty.
So you say you're not going to buy wheels online anymore, let's see how lucky you are to get warranty from a mom&pop wheel store. The acceptance of warranty does not depend on whether it is a brick and mortar or not, but on the Manufacturer, which in this case is WORK wheels. If I was WORK wheels and checked out your wheel, I would certainly not warranty it either...

Old 01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
wned:

No aftermarket parts reseller can or should warranty wheels for 2yrs. With all the miles on them in that time, any damage is most likely self-inflicted. I'll avoid listing possible scenarios, as you could write a book with that...

Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
My bad, it was March of 08.
I'm still not used to the idea that we're already in 09. Time seems to have sped up.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
^well that is still almost a year..haha

Old 01-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
I got my wheels from ravspec (rick) and only problem i had from the company is that i had to wait 4 months for my wheels.. i have not had any problems out of the wheels besides the curb rash I have put on them.. Only other problem is that they hold water in the dish of the rims when it rains and cuz the car to vibrate a lil until all the water leaves out of the rim.. besides that they are ok.. so ya problem aint with ravspec