Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Can someone help me find a wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone help me find a wheel?

I am looking for a wheel design that consists of dark or gunmetal spokes with a polished lip and faux nuts/rivets. The only thing I can find in my price range ($300/wheel max) is the Konig Imagine Opal:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...000&bp=5-114.3

Several members suggested that Konig was rather low quality and they aren't available in 18 x 8 with the offset I need. Are ther other wheels that might fit the bill? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Re: Can someone help me find a wheel?

Sometimes low quality is all you need. How long do you plan on keeping them? Will you be jumping busses with it? Is weight important?

If you answers are 1) 5 years 2) No 3) No then go ahead and buy the cheapies. I have to remind myself of this everytime I buy stereo equipment. I get so caught up in buying the most high quality crap, I have to remind myself that a Sony ES is more than my ear can differentiate anyway.

Obviously you care more about the appearance than the performance so just buy one that you think looks good and don't worry about the quality and don't try to race anyone or jump any busses.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-25-2004, 08:06 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going for Konig get the Konig Theory's!!! Those in the gunmetal look sick, check out gr4n23's g35, its hot with these Konigs

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 06-25-2004, 08:23 PM

Well, after all the mods I've done, I hope to keep the car for as long as possible, but several years at least.

Curious - I'm a high end audiophile too!

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/1256.html

And "Ouch!" I really gave the wrong impression. Function is 10 times, maybe 100 times more important to me than form.

It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to be interested in cars, so I'm pretty rusty on what's what. I must admit that my first foray into wheels made me gasp when I checked the prices. I never would have thought that $200+ wheels would be considered cheapies.

And no, I am not a price oriented person, but the line has to be drawn somewhere I guess on wheels, not to mention affordability issues.

I want a look of understated elegance with high quality, performance tires. (However, after reading a number of tire reviews, I am beginning to wonder if such an animal exists!)

What I don't want are wheels that will bend or crack in the first pothole and leave me wondering if a decision to buy aftermarket wheels was wise after all. If what I do want doesn't exist, I can live with OEM. It won't make my car a tad slower!

But for now, at least, I am still looking for wheels.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:12 PM

If you are looking for performance than you need less weight. 18/19 pounds is great. 19"s will make you slower than an 18" but provide a lower profile so it's a trade off, you pick. I doubt you'll find light rims for $300 but maybe look into the Gram Lights. The Nismo, BBS, and some Volks are quite light....more brands as well but I know those for sure.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5