Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Wheel & Tire Warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Wheel & Tire Warranty?

You guys think its worth it? Apparently my mom bought for me when I bought it when I got the car back in July of 06.

I just ran over a pothole which pretty much destroyed some parts on my car..passenger headlight, strut, control arms, tire and rim on the front passenger side. As some of you guys remembered, I got into a car accident on that side a while back (Nov 08). I'm not going to bother file a claim with the City since that money will never show up. One of my friends did this once and it has been like a year or 2 since he ever got a response back.

I just bought a new tire and replaced it already and my mom just told me about this warranty thing. I just read the paper and it said something about Limited Warranty Exclusions which include: Any vehicle involved in an accident, damage due to curb impact, damage due to operator error, dry rot or manufacturer's defect, recapped tires, racing tires, acts of God, vandalism, floods or fires, driving on roads on not regularly maintained, etc

My problem is; I just replaced the tire and my roads in Chicago are really bad right now. You think it can be still warrantied? At least the rim? I'm little pissed off even more after finding this. As for some of the busted headlight, I'm switching some with some ones I found laying around my work..whew on that part.

Then to even find out even more how bad that body shop did on the wiring just topped the cake..So much ghetto rigging in my life. Washer fluid hose wrapped around my headlight wiring, side marker was just 2 open wire with tape covering it, ugh...bad headlight (refurbished!)..it just keeps going on and I'm working on my car to make it back to the way it is, but just something else just has to happen along the way..

I winded up switching my suspension finally to the Nismo one since I was planning on to in the first place. I can notice a little drop and the gap is little gone.

Anyways, back to my regular question..Would the tire and wheel warranty cover this? Or would I have to talk to my dealer about this?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang man how big was that pothole you hit 3 feet? thats alot of damage for a pothole

Old 03-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It was pretty deep enough to do some damage to my car

Would the wheel and tire warranty cover the rim and tire? or it was just a good thing i just bought the tire and called it a day? I re-balanced it, but I know I'm going to feel a lot of vibration when I go to high speeds