Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Help on Wheel Choice PLZ !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help on Wheel Choice PLZ !!!!!

K i can't really decided which wheels to get PLZ help me . Price doesn't really matter I want the bestest Look on my G35 coupe Black ! plz guys...

So far I like Volk Racings : Challenge, Winning, Progressive SPoke , Gt-C all in 19's

Any other Choice that i should look into?
Thx again guys

Old 07-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Re: Help on Wheel Choice PLZ !!!!!

If you want the best looking rim out, imo I would go with the veilside andrew evolution v's There the sickest looking rim I've ever seen. Since price doesnt matter to you, thats what I would go with.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:36 AM

Check out " SickG35 " new shoes ( Volk sf winnings ), should help in your choice, looks great in black. Sucks for me, he's also in San Diego, so there goes my choice in a black G.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

Old 07-10-2004, 10:07 AM

What color should i go with to get most sporty look on my black coupe.. I really like to have a car that looks like a racing car. The most sporty look and just looks damn sexy !

Old 07-10-2004, 02:15 PM

i would get some Magnesium Volks if i had the money...... or BBS LM's would be tight. I have a black coupe and have bronze rims. check out my profile to get an idea of this color.

Bronze Volks CE28N 19",Gialla Grill,OEM Wing/Front Lip,Exhaust,Intake,Clear Bra,Race Pedals,Momo ****,Eibach Sway Bars & Springs,Custom Leather Interior

Old 07-10-2004, 05:10 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea "sickg35" has the sickest volks ive seen, those rims are crazy. Get the Volk SF-Winning's... Pretty much all of them are nice, are you looking for a lightweight 19' rim? Does performance matter? Things you might wanna look out for if your looking into performance. Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-11-2004, 04:46 AM

Yes i would like performance too

Old 07-11-2004, 08:07 AM

Basically i looked and decide to get between these 4.
1. Volk GT-C
2. Volk Progressive
3. ADR Sterling
4. IForged Evo

I would like to get them in 20's any suggestions? or 19's with progressive.

Do i have to go with 19's if i want a performance as same as stock 18's that i have right now?
What is the lightest wheels in those 4 options anyone know?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by BombRush on 07/11/04 05:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-11-2004, 09:56 AM

"I really like to have a car that looks like a racing car"

Do you want it to look like a racing car to people who know about cars and racing, or to people that bust rhymes and hang out at the Gas n Sip on Friday nights or young girls whos favorite show is Real World? (sorry for the hyperbole, I'm just teasing! )

If you're getting 20s don't worry about performance because you'll be losing it, I don't care what they weigh. Serious racers choose the lightest wheel possible for their traction application and get the weight as close to the axle as possble.

The lightest I've seen in 19"s are the Nismo at around 19 pounds and the Volk LE or TE (can't remember) or the Volk CE which come in in the high 19 pound range for 19"s.

Of course a 20 pound 19" will still drag you down more than a 22 pound 18". Keep that in mind (outer perimeter mass bad, inner perimeter mass ok). If you want maximum performance without sacrifice you should stick with the 18" or even go down to 17s.

If you're looking for a compromise and want to stay at least where you perform now, you need a 19" in the 19 pound realm, IMO. Then, make sure you stick with a light tire such as the Pilots or the Toyo Proxes (assuming you have more grip than power, which you will if you have the 5AT).

Avoid anything chrome, it won't be light. Look for 1 piece forged and there are a few 2 piece that are light....check out SSR, Volk, Nismo, Gram Light and some of the Racing Harts.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5/Crawford Cats

Old 07-11-2004, 06:41 PM

Lets say if i get 20's GT-C then will i have the same performance or close performance compare to when i had my factory 18's ?

Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 AM

20" = looks...so please stop mentioning performance...As was previously stated, if your looking for bigger wheels with "performance" still in mind, your options are limited...There are some nice 19's out there, that will keep similar performance...But I don't know of any 20's that will...sorry

Old 07-12-2004, 08:16 AM

oh sorry about that bro aight i made my mind to go with 19's what would u recommand?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:37 PM

No problem bro, I'd look into Volk, Racing Hart, and if you really want a light 19" wheel then Nismo...Volks are the best combination of looks and performance in my mind...G' luck

Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 AM

If i go with volks i prolly get GT-C's or Progressive SPoke or Sf- Challenge. What do u think about those three? If i just wanna go for nice look on my Black G

Old 07-13-2004, 07:58 AM

Those are all good choices...Of those 3 I'd personally go with the Progressive Spoke or the SF Challenge...The GT-C's spokes are to wide for my taste, but nonetheless still a nice looking wheel...G'luck with your decision...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help on Wheel Choice PLZ !!!!!