Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tire Kingdom?? wtf

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Kingdom?? wtf

Well last week I took my car in to tire kingdom to have the front brake rotors resurfaced. Well, when they were taking off my wheel, they broke the lock nut. They also charged me $10 for a lug nut that put on there temporarily to replace the lock nut. So I had to wait another week and buy another lock nut set (BlueDream came in the clutch on that one). Today I took it back in to have the job finsished. First off, I was waiting at the front desk with no help for about 10 minutes. Finally when the guy comes out he asks what I need. I told him about the week before and he said, yea i remember that white car.. Second of all, he tells me he cant do it until tomorrow. They were not busy at all. They had two cars in the shop and three men working. Then he says, "well what do you need again?". So I tell him for the second time(total of three times considering the week before) and he tells me to hold on that he was gunna ask some Mike guy in the back if they could do it. When he comes back he says "I will not resurface those brakes, they are infiniti brakes and they can not be resurfaced." He says that they are a whole different braking system unlike pontiac or something(?? ok) and that the rotors are composite. I look at him like hes an idiot and tell him that is not true and that they can be turned. After he tries to convince me that they cannot be turned I say fine, what about the $10 I got charged last week. He said that was not there fault and that if I got new rotors he would take the $10 charge off. I told him I could go outside and take it off at that moment and if I did could I have my $10 back(I know its not alot but this place is pissing me off). So as of now I am pretty frustrated with this place. I tell him I am done here and leave.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
contact BBB and make sure you tell the business that you are too

Old 09-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Funky Tire Shop....=(

Drowe, doesn't sound like a place we should be taking our cars, unknowledgeable with a pizz poor attitude. Pass the word to all your friends that these clowns are azzholes, make sure they don't get any business from your friends OR their friends. Find a quality independent brake/alignment shop in your area by discussing this subject with your family and friends, there's gotta be one! One more word of advice, when anyone's installing your wheels have them use a torq wrench set at 85 LBS NOT an impact gun! This alone will save your lugs/lug nuts/locks and rotors....trust me on this!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 09-19-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I am going to contact BBB and file a complaint asap. These clowns do not deserve to be in business. I don't know if they were trying to take advantage of me because of my age (18) but it will not slide. Im going to ask around some friends like you said Gary. I will try and find an honorable business that does the job right.

Thanks,
Derrick

Old 09-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gerrard Tire downtown CLT has always been good to me.
Also, I like Nissan of Lake Norman!!!!

However, I do my own brakes.

Carquest in Huntersville turns rotors.
Might be some others in CLT that do as well.

Some of the NAPA stores used to.

Good Luck!!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA
Gerrard Tire downtown CLT has always been good to me.
Also, I like Nissan of Lake Norman!!!!

However, I do my own brakes.

Carquest in Huntersville turns rotors.
Might be some others in CLT that do as well.

Some of the NAPA stores used to.

Good Luck!!
Alright cool, thanks man.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sopunds like a bunch of ignorant tools that work there. Sorry you had such a crappy experience but I'm glad I could help.

You can check with your local chamber of commerce for a recommendation of a good shop. Also, look for one that is AAA approved. Generally they do a good job.