Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

My Positive Experience with Tire Slime - 7 years in the making

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Positive Experience with Tire Slime - 7 years in the making

In 2002 I purchased a brand new Nissan Sentra, a month later the rear driver's side tire picked up a nail. I asked around on how to fix this and the tire "experts" suggested to purchase a new tire. I told them that the tire is one month old and I asked if Tire Slime is an option. They immediately dismissed the product and stated that it was only temporary and should not be trusted. Personal safety is paramount and not negotiable and a new tire will guarantee that. I agree BUT I also know the tire guys have a business to run and they would rather make $150 for a tire instead of $5 for tire slime. So their rantings and caterwauls about personal safety is nothing more than a business ploy. So I took a chance and used the Slime...four years later I am still riding on the slimed tire and then upgraded to 17" rims and slimed those also. NO problems exist and when I sold the Sentra for the G35 I slimed the tires. Again NO problems. Throughout this whole time, the slimed tires picked up several nails and foreign object debris. I would pull out the nail and the slime would seek out each and every punture and seal it up. Tire Slime worked for me and I personally stand by it despite what all the tire "experts" think of the slime. I purposely waited this long before creating a post instead of prematurely documenting my findings. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I was always told that it can mess up your wheels or make it difficult to balance...sound like that isn't the case though, huh?

Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Seven years riding on slimed tires, NO blowouts and NO problems balancing. I gained so much confidence in this product that I decided to use it in my sportbike tires...again NO problems. This is my personal experience so I'm not sure if the results are the same for other people.