Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Pics of particular size wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of particular size wheels...

Looking for some pics of a g35 coupe with 19x8.5 wheels with something close to a 20 offset. Please mention if spacers are used or lowered at all. I tried posting in the "Wheels & Tires Faq" thread but seem to get no real answers after over a month.

I have an 03 Coupe that came with stock 18's. I have new wheels that are 19x8.5 +20 offset. Tires are probably going to be 245or255/35F and 275/35R.

I'd like to see pics of similar set ups or at least get some good information based on more than just having "seen wheels on cars" as that's not really a good back up for saying something will/won't work. So if you have some pics of 19x8.5 in any offset on a g35 coupe please post 'em up. Thanks.

Thanks in advance. And yes I have searched, I've spent hours searching.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
19x8.5 with a plus 20 will look sunken. Go wider with a lower offset.

Why not buy wheels with correct offsets, then buy them with the wrong ones and use spacers to make them fit...

Old 03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Well perhaps I'm stupid but I used all the online calcs I could find to check this before ordering. And it still doesn't make sense to me that by addding .5" width to the wheel (presumably sticking out 1/4" further than stock by splitting the width in and out, so 6.35mm outward. Then adding 10mm of outward movement by the change in offset so 16.35mm or 0.64" total movement toward the outside of the car vs factory wheel. How will this look sunken? Is it just going to be sunken because its not "hella flush" like all of you people like to do or because it will be further in than the factory wheel? Like I said I'm looking for good information with reasoning behind it. I'm not saying anyone is wrong but no one can seem to explain it.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM
You people whatchu talking bout?

No, it's just not an ideal offset.

Post a picture of what you want YOUR car too look like and I'll tell you the correct offset/wheels size to get to achieve that look.

IMO, that width looks bad from behind, a wider wheel provides a much nicer stance from the rear view hellaflush, hellapoke or hellasunk. Regardless of offset 10.5" will look better than 8.5" I just don't see the point of buying aftermarket wheels in OEM widths.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Heh, I knew as soon as I hit post the "you people" thing was gonna cause some static. You people as in the people into the stretched tires and super wide wheels. The original idea was I wanted to be able to go with all 4 corners the same so I could, /gasp, rotate my tires. I have since found out that will pretty much not happen. Factory was 8" so i'm growing a little. I'm not looking for crazy wide because the tires will be crazy expensive and I'm just an around town cruiser with some occasional interstate mileage. I want a comfortable ride with a nice appearance. The wheels I got are the cheapies, Stern ST-1 "Beast" look a good bit like oem Rays but a little different and a little more to my liking.

I don't want to have to do any rolling or flaring. I don't want to deal with rubbing. I'd also like to stick at factory camber or maybe even closer to 0. I like my tires to last. Something maybe like this

I have been considering a small drop like tein h techs as well and would be interested to know fitment there too

Old 03-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Also, if it will be sunken in looking what size spacers should I go with? I think I may just jack the car up and stick a wheel on and see how it looks but I'd rather not have to do that since I dont have rubber yet.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
you might find something through here https://g35driver.com/forums/general...re-thread.html, i didn't feel like going through the pages.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I actually went all the way through that and didnt find anything the same offset/size. Thanks for the tip though.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Did you already buy wheels? You said you have the sterns. Are they 8.5" all the way around?

I strongly suggest the stagger, it's the way to go on the G.

If you're going to go with a slight drop (h-techs= no camber wear) then look for a 9.5 or a 10" wide rear wheel with about +20offset

Front, go ahead and do an 8.5" but aim for about a +15 or lower.

If you already have the 8.5" all four points then maybe just add some 10 or 15mm spacers to bring them out the the fenders a little.

Sunken to me is probably not as sunken to others.

Show me a car you think looks the way you want yours too and I'll try from there.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Did you already buy wheels? You said you have the sterns. Are they 8.5" all the way around?

I strongly suggest the stagger, it's the way to go on the G.

If you're going to go with a slight drop (h-techs= no camber wear) then look for a 9.5 or a 10" wide rear wheel with about +20offset

Front, go ahead and do an 8.5" but aim for about a +15 or lower.

If you already have the 8.5" all four points then maybe just add some 10 or 15mm spacers to bring them out the the fenders a little.

Sunken to me is probably not as sunken to others.

Show me a car you think looks the way you want yours too and I'll try from there.
I do already have the wheels, sterns 8.5" all four.

I agree I like staggered on a lot of cars and would have gone that way if I had known I wasn't gonna end up with rotatable tires.

I'm thinking a slight drop as I already bottom out on some of the crap roads/parking lot entrances around here at stock height.

If sunken to yours means further in that stock I'm concerned. if it means same as stock or slightly further outward i'm cool with that and dont need spacers.

If you look up in post five theres a link to a pic I like, it might be a bit too far out even.

Thanks a lot for your help. This has been going on for quite a while, its refreshing to actually get some input. besides "+1 don't get those"

Old 03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
For that you're looking at probably a 20-25mm spacer front and rear to bring your offset into around 0 or-5. those on an 8.5 should be good.

That set up might give you some rubbing later down the road with the drop. I suggest you get your fenders rolled if that's the kind of look you want.