Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Forgestar ... F14 or F05?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I got my wheels directly from Forgestar for $1300-shipped. Element Wheels and other dealers should be able to get you the 19x11+23. They probably have not updated their site since the deeper offset became available (well over a year ago).

The tires I got from discount tire direct online. Always check them out because they are always having some good deals, especially if you get their credit card as sometimes you can get an additional $50-$200 off certain purchases.

As far as driving dynamics go, the amount of grip this setup provides is amazing. Between the amount of available contact patch and suspension setup I feel I have a very near nuetral setup with a touch of rear oversteer. It probably comes at a slight sacrifice to MPG, but its worth it. I think total weight per wheel/tire combo is about 55-lbs give or take, so not a heavy setup by any means and pretty light compared to other brands like Work.

My first attempt with this wheel combo I had 255/295 tires and it felt very loose up front and I've never changed the suspension setup from that combo to the current 285/305. So between the Falkens you are looking at and the sizes, you might not experience the same amount of grip I have.

In terms of rubbing, it is very minimal. I get a little bit of rubbing when turning into entry ways for shopping centers and the like (driveways etc), but it is minor compared to the impact my front bumper takes for being low. The front rubbing is from the screws on the top of the fender lip side, you could remove them and the fender liner should be fine. Other than that I have no rubbing issues in the front, plenty of inside wheel well clearance.

In the rear, I have no rubbing with rolled fenders unless I have two fatty friends in the back and I hit a good bump.

Overall, I love the setup and have zero regrets about it.

Here's a tip for ya to look into. When I was buying my wheels for the second time earlier this year, Forgestar was trying to offload the gold versions of the F14. They were letting them go for $1150-shipped if I recall correctly, so if you want a cool gold/black combo car it might be worth looking into.

Originally Posted by DogStar
Where did you order yours from if you don't mind me asking? Wheels and the Tires?

I've got no local dealers in my area according to Forgestar and they are recommending Element Wheels who I know at one point were a vendor here... apparently they are no longer not sure why.

From a set of them staggered its coming back with only the 9s and 11s as a set. They're running 1460 for the set of wheels though they only have +33 offsets shown for the 11's so may have to call to find out if they can do +23 and then roughly 900 for mounted and balanced tires (Falken FK 452s are about $4 cheaper than Hankooks) so thats 2368 total with free shipping. This is with the 9s up front with 11s in the rear. Tire measurments are 245/35/19 Front and 275/35/19 rear... not sure on those measurments tho. Seems substantially different to yours.

Thoughts?

Sent a message to B2autodesigns asking for prices there as well. One other question do you have any issues with rubbing on turns and such? I drive somewhat aggressive in turns which makes me somewhat reconsider the 10F 11R setup (mostly the front) just a little worried on inner rubbing with suspension/inner walls.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
I hate the F05. It just looks like a cheap poor taste wheel (sorry to any F05 owners). The F14 is a much better looking wheel and that is why I got them. You might want to wait because from the sema coverage it looks like they have a new 5-spoke wheel coming out. Might be worth emailing them for sizing details and pricing.

For an OB, I would recommend any color, but the gunmetal and silver finishes always look good and you can't go wrong with them.

Otherwise, I have 19x11+23 and 19x10+20 Piano Black F14s and I love them. If you haven't seen my car, here it is (I need to get some better pictures):

Here are my tire specs:
305/30/19 in the rear
285/30/19 in the front

Forgestar SEMA wheel:

Forgestar CF5

Is that G Gunmetal Grey or Silver?, Its hard to tell....