Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Realignment Parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realignment Parts?

So I lowered my coupe a few months ago with Tein S-tech springs. I never got around to having it realigned because I thought I could live with a little extra wear.

Well, the other day, I looked at my right front and the wear is occuring much faster than I thought. The other four tires weren't looking nearly as bad, so that's why I hadn't noticed it.

I've read a few posts where guys have taken their cars in and the alignment shop was able to get a little bit of the alignment closer to stock without new adjustable parts. So I take it to the local shop that is a sponsor for my autocross club. I tell the guy what I'm looking for and he says there's no way to adjust the alignment and that I need to buy adjustable parts.

So now I'm not sure what parts to buy. I've seen all sorts of camber arms for both the front and rear. Is that all I need and if so, whose are the best?

If the camber arms won't give me enough adjustment, do I need adjustable toe links and some sort of caster bolt or something?

Old 11-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Omega Enthusiast
Re: Realignment Parts?

I can think of the following: 1) 350evo (IMO, best), 2) Stillen (good), 3) Kinetix (ok) 4) Performance Nissan (ok) 5) SPC (ok) 6) Cusco (?). Haven't looked into the Cusco set. You won't be able to adjust camber (once lowered) using the stock suspension components and would suggest picking up a set.

04.5 G35C TB/Graphite 6MT, XM Radio, Premo Package, Navi, OEM Chin Spoiler, Hard wired V1

Old 11-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Re: Realignment Parts?

Thanks ZeroGen,
Looks like my $160 springs weren't such a good deal after all. With the 350evo suspension kit costing $1,500 to get my alignment back, or $1,000 for new tires, I think I'm loosing the drop.
It sure makes the car look great, but as they say, you have to pay to play!
Unfortunately, the cost is just too high for a cheapskate like myself. Guess I've got a project to get rid of the Teins and put back in the stockers.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Gizmo