Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Frustrated new member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Guys Chris wheels are getting warrantied. As I personally talked to Concept One to help get them warrantied. Also Concept One stand behind there products 100% and offer a 1 year warranty on there wheels. They are great wheel and I must say this is the first problem I have had with them. There are alot of members with them on here. As I have sold them and thank you 4DGS for forwarding them to me . As a vender we will also do our best to help with any problem's with there wheels. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to pm me.

Thanks
Charles

Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
^ best on the forum right there

Glad Concept one came through on it, they seemed pretty reluctant at first.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:39 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
They beat me to it lol

Just got off the phone with concept one they will be sending me 2 new wheels and won't cost me a dime ...

Wooot now I'm a happy customer

Old 07-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irishsig
Here ya go. Do a google image search for Varrstoen 1.1.2 too.
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...installed.html

and if you end up getting those ^ make sure u get these center caps and NOT the BBS. Don't want to misrepresent.
http://varrstoen.com/blog/?s=center+caps

Whats the deal with some of these wheel vendors? I've been trying to buy a package deal for a week and apparently nobody wants to sell me anything. I may be wrong for posting names but Discount Tire did not return my call. Another company basically rushed me off the phone when I asked a question and even another place tried to talk me out of what I wanted to order.

I found XXR 526 and XXR 006? Are these wheels any good? Also RPM R-505?

Thanks

Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Are you asking them dumb questions? lol

XXR 526 isn't shipping the rears yet. The 006 come in terrible sizes.

Never heard of "RPM"

Old 07-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Are you asking them dumb questions? lol

XXR 526 isn't shipping the rears yet. The 006 come in terrible sizes.

Never heard of "RPM"
Lol. I figured someone would ask me that.

I actually had a offset and tire size option question on a package. I agree on the 006 wheels. I guess i'll keep searching.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to say that in my opinion that Ebay has been my wallets friend.

I know all of you hate cheap wheels. BUT I have bought MANY sets of Staggered wheels off Ebay, new and used and NEVER had a problem.

My wheels, although I am not a fan of the design are ADR. They came with the car and where cheap new. But they get a lot of looks and set the car off much better than the Stock Rays.
Below are some of the cars I have put Ebay wheels on.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by jwrape
I have to say that in my opinion that Ebay has been my wallets friend.

I know all of you hate cheap wheels. BUT I have bought MANY sets of Staggered wheels off Ebay, new and used and NEVER had a problem.
I did look ebay but not very long. Personally, I'm just looking for something other than oem. I have a IP coupe also and just want a different look. Although the more expensive wheels are really nice, so are the tires and all the other bells and whistles. Like a earlier post told me, I have to pay to play.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
^ You're on the right track then.

Jwrape, no offense but those pics are not only tiny but none of the wheels are nice...

Most wheel and tires shops don't understand offsets as well as some of us do. I worked in a custom shop where it was my job to pick offsets for modified cars, those guys deal mainly with people that want to slap wheels on their car and call it a day.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=4DGS;5997536]^ You're on the right track then.

Jwrape, no offense but those pics are not only tiny but none of the wheels are nice...

QUOTE]

Aw, to each his own. All of these are cars I have had through the past 13 years, I only have the G35 now and 2 86' Fiero's for fun.

It depends on what you are looking for. I tend not to lean towards certain wheels because they have been played out or ricey. Not saying some of my former wheels are not common, but I mainly want a Staggered wheel setup and they aren't the easiest to find, AND some folks don't want Staggered on their cars. I also don't like wheels that have universal lug patterns with tons of holes drilled in them.

You and I just don't have the same style.

The pic size was mainly because they all were copied from my Cardomain site and the large versions, I thought, would be too much for one post.

You can look at the bigger pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jcwrape

Old 07-13-2011, 04:07 PM
^ You're on the right track then

Most wheel and tires shops don't understand offsets as well as some of us do.

But aren't offsets just preference? I mean, I could be wrong but people use different offsets to acheive a certain look they desire. Trust me, I'm not educated enough on all of this to even comment on this. I just want a nice looking set of wheels and tires.

I do appericate all of your input and attention to my post!

Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM
i have a set of tsw snettertons 19,s brand new with faulken 452 not even 2 weeks old got them for 1800.00 sell them to ya for 1500.00 let me no send some pix

Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Yea offset can be considered a preference I like my wheels to poke a little, but everyone is going after the flush with the fender look. You never want to be sunk, nobody ever asked I want that really sunk in look haha.

So you want to be as aggressive as possible to your liking.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Yea offset can be considered a preference I like my wheels to poke a little, but everyone is going after the flush with the fender look. You never want to be sunk, nobody ever asked I want that really sunk in look haha.

So you want to be as aggressive as possible to your liking.
Agreed, I always can't stand the way some people will put on wheels and it looks like the car will roll over on a sharp turn cause the wheels are so far under the car.
For example: Not enough positive offset. Looks cheesy.

Funny thing is, he thinks he's cool in his Purple Widebody Supra. If you go wide body, you have to have the wide tires to fill it out.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:46 AM
You never want to be sunk, nobody ever asked I want that really sunk in look haha.
Would you consider stock flush or sunk in? Example, would a set of 20 8.5/9.5 38mm wheels sit more flush or close to a stock wheel setup (kind of sunk in a bit)? no spacers.

My worries were purchasing a set of wheels that may stick out too far then not being able to adjust. AAh, the joys of being a newb!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frustrated new member