Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

VarrsToen | NEW ES6 Wheels... Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
As the post above said, I think they are on different levels. A Shizzy Strafe bumper is not tested, and a Extremely Expensive Chargespeed Bumper is not tested. For me I have authentic parts across the board. No knock offs. But thats me.

You may not own the brand that is doing the knock offs, but by supporting them you are slowely inflating prices of every other authentic brand. Much is the case when a Wal Mart goes into a target demographic. Safeways, Albertsons and Every other mom and pop store who sells more quality products feel the hit of a "good deal". Most small businesses fail, and the big big big box ones iinflate their prices slowely due to less foot traffic coming in the door. Thats my point. A pair of Nikes use to be 50 dollars, but due to knock offs and replicas they are now more expensive. Yes inflation is a part of that, but when my next door neighbor is the VP over taking out counterfit products you know that there are a lot of people doing it. Therefore they raise the prices accordingly. (this is a low end kind of comparison. HKS and Bride are better ones)
My post had nothing to do with half of what you said but I will explain it again.

Rim company creates a copy - everybody bashes them for doing so, and talks about quality this quality that, I paid 4k I have real rims FTW.

Body kit company VIS or who ever creates a copy - Everybody likes damn i have to have 6 front bumpers.

FYI real body kits made by JDM companies are like 4K and up shipped to the US for front/back/sides, now I dont see people bashing the marketplace for all the fake bumpers.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98

You may not own the brand that is doing the knock offs, but by supporting them you are slowely inflating prices of every other authentic brand. Much is the case when a Wal Mart goes into a target demographic. Safeways, Albertsons and Every other mom and pop store who sells more quality products feel the hit of a "good deal". Most small businesses fail, and the big big big box ones iinflate their prices slowely due to less foot traffic coming in the door. Thats my point. A pair of Nikes use to be 50 dollars, but due to knock offs and replicas they are now more expensive.
I hear what you are saying but it doesn't work like that. Your example of Walmart doesn't translate well because all those stores are in the same market segment and compete with each other.

A more appropriate comparison would be...Does Giorgio Armani (Brand wheel) raise the price of their clothes when a Walmart or Target (Reps) opens up in town and offer cheap low quality alternatives? I don't think so, they don't compete for sales. Armani has their target population and it is not the people who shop at Walmart for clothes.

Speaking strictly from a business model, ethics is a different subject.

Last edited by Polishthrust; 05-23-2013 at 03:28 PM.