Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Can you clear the tire pressure light manually? or any cheap tool I can use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Yes, there is a way
https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...ial-tools.html
Under the driver's side dash, is a small connector that you ground to the chassis to trigger the code-displaying function of the TPMS system, or to activate the relearn process.
So yes, it is possible to troubleshoot and reset the sensors, however it's not a well documented process.
The malfunction codes are on page 23
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Seda...5_Sedan/wt.pdf
The G37 procedure works for the G35, but refer to the codes above
http://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-in...-for-free.html
You should never run less than 35 psi in your tires, I run 37! If the procedures above...^...won't fix the TPS issues any major tire store/Nissan has the ability to reset the sensors. American tire stores being the great company they are might do the reset for free...Gary

Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
You should never run less than 35 psi in your tires, I run 37! If the procedures above...^...won't fix the TPS issues any major tire store/Nissan has the ability to reset the sensors. American tire stores being the great company they are might do the reset for free...Gary
I bet they use a paper clip to cause short circuit and then count light flashes, etc... Also.

Maybe check that little door plaque on the inside of your door jamb?

Mine says 30psi front and rear I think.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you don't want to do it manually, buy the tool. Otherwise, deal with the light. Those are pretty much your options. Complaining about it isn't going to make any difference.

Originally Posted by Bonesntx
I bet they use a paper clip to cause short circuit and then count light flashes, etc... Also.

Maybe check that little door plaque on the inside of your door jamb?

Mine says 30psi front and rear I think.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Wow

The OP asked about a manual procedure and/or tool to do this at home.

All i did was provide the info.

If it's not good enough, go to a dealer or tire chain shop and pay them to do it. I don't understand the issue here. Yes, the procedure could be better, but short of buying your own Consult system, or paying somone with one....it's the only option you have.

No wonder why we are a nation of burger-flippers without any decent technical skills to speak of. Nobody wants to try anymore.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Wow

The OP asked about a manual procedure and/or tool to do this at home.

All i did was provide the info.

If it's not good enough, go to a dealer or tire chain shop and pay them to do it. I don't understand the issue here. Yes, the procedure could be better, but short of buying your own Consult system, or paying somone with one....it's the only option you have.

No wonder why we are a nation of burger-flippers without any decent technical skills to speak of. Nobody wants to try anymore.
Actually, Mechanical Design Engineer of 30 years experience.

I try everyday and with success. I flip burgers at home for my Family.

I don't care to Engineer crap for a car I drive and I do not have time. I want it to work correctly. Like I pointed out as compared to other vehicles I have had with TPMS...This one apparently is lacking basic operation as in it won't reset.

I can understand the zeal some could have by this cited procedure. Understand I get my kicks other ways.

I was very respectful with my request wanting to hear from someone that KNOWS HOW to reset the warning light. Of course I saw Mustang's info...I am Looking for something else.

I have received some pretty "know it all" rude replies that were uncalled for.

I am just here looking for some info. If YOU do not have the answer,why reply and let's let someone that does have an answer say so.

I think YOU have answered your take on this very well and thanks. Maybe, just maybe someone else knows a different way.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Here's the thing, if your sensor won't reset when tires are properly inflated, something is probably wrong with the sensor. They normally do go off when you inflate tires. Sometimes a simple reset like the manual process outlined will fix it or going to a tire store and having them reset it. But it may be that a sensor went bad or the batteries are low.

It may just be a coincidence that you measured one low and the light now stays on. I think the threshold is 28psi on Nissan/Infiniti so your light may have come on not because the tire was low, but because the sensor is bad. I don't know which year/model you have, but on my FX the tire pressures show up on the nav screen under one of the menus. If the sensors are working, pressures show up. If one sensor is out, the pressure shows ***. If all sensors aren't communicating, then it shows *** for all. So if you have that option, look to see if it's truly a low pressure issue or if your sensors are bad.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Actually, Mechanical Design Engineer of 30 years experience.
And so am I.

I was very respectful with my request wanting to hear from someone that KNOWS HOW to reset the warning light. Of course I saw Mustang's info...I am Looking for something else.

If YOU do not have the answer,why reply and let's let someone that does have an answer say so
You do realize I am the one who provided the info on the first page right? I assure you, unless you can get your hands on a Consult device, the DIY method outlined in those links is the only way to reset the light manually. There is no other DIY method. I know this because I share your frustration with the system, and researched this for while. I wish i could tell you another method, but I can't.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 01-17-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:25 PM
And so am I.

You do realize I am the one who provided the info on the first page right? I assure you, unless you can get your hands on a Consult device, the DIY method outlined in those links is the only way to reset the light manually. There is no other DIY method. I know this because I share your frustration with the system, and researched this for while. I wish i could tell you another method, but I can't.
Yes, I know it was you. Obviously you did research this a while! Absolute crap design if this is the only ways...Of course there is the 'ole Dealer...Hehehehe

I already thanked you at least once.

Here....Thank you

Last edited by Bonesntx; 01-17-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,028 Likes on 945 Posts
You asked for an answer and no thanks.

Your welcome OP I hope a tire store near you is nice to you enough to reset it for free.