Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Replica Rays

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Replica Rays

So I've went through this phase, or I go through many phases with different stuff, where if something sparks my interest and nobody has tested the waters yet, I can usually persuade myself into trying it, and most would disagree on doing this with the G, but its not like I'm doing something permanently, just more of what my wife calls wasting money, I should of just got the good stuff to begin with, but that takes the fun out of things, and then it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered for some of my fellow forum members out there.

So I picked up my second G35 a while back, I the original OEM 18's on there, perfectly good wheels, not a single curb rash or scratch on them until I took them to a local tire shop, and the new guy about scratched up each rim while putting some new tires on for me. So long story short, got discount on the tires, basically half off, and took my wheels home, let it bother me for a bit, so off to Ebay I went in search of some wheels. I always liked the look of the rays, and while searching, I came across these wheels carried by OEWheelsLLc that were advertised as 18 in G35 Coupe wheels. The price for the set was under $400 shipped, not bad for brand new 18s that had the factory look. So what the heck, got them ordered and shipped, didn't take long to get here.

So first off, I want to say that I'm in no way advertising and/or bashing on the company that sold me these wheels, I am only giving my honest opinion of what I think about the wheels themselves.

1. Looks - Not to bad, these wheels were made in China (I found out after I got the boxes delivered; they had made in china stickers on the wheels themselves) Though most of what we buy now days are made in china, there are some things I would like to leave alone. So Took the wheels to the shop to get them mounted (not the same shopped that screwed up my other set) but a much better shop in town. So the first three went smoothly, no problems, but the fourth was just my luck, I had already sold my factory wheels, so I had no back up, but back to the fourth, it just wouldn't balance, the guy took it to another machine, and not even three seconds later, he was like its out of round, so we got a print out, I called the company up, got great service, faxed over the report, and he said no problem, I'll have another one shipped out to you. So another few days go by, and finally get it. took it to the shop, and it went on without a hiccup. So I get home, and note, these wheels are advertised as not to fit G35 Coupes with Brembo calipers (Which I had) so spacers went on of course 25mm rear and 20 mm (opted for some ones that were not ichiba or whatever) they were hubcentric aluminum made by Precision European Motorwerks, worked perfectly fine, never had an issue with fitment.

Fitment - everything is fine, the specs on these wheels are 18x8, with 35mm offset all around.

Results - Eventually I'll upgrade to something a bit more sturdier, these wheels are super light, but probably and most likely not as strong, but it was a good test to see what they were like. I am pretty appreciative of the company for selling them at a reasonable price for what they were selling.

Name:  rays2_zps5f3ef141.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  Rays_zps46ba8e7a.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  73.4 KB

Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,028 Likes on 945 Posts
Originally Posted by kylevd23
So I've went through this phase, or I go through many phases with different stuff, where if something sparks my interest and nobody has tested the waters yet, I can usually persuade myself into trying it, and most would disagree on doing this with the G, but its not like I'm doing something permanently, just more of what my wife calls wasting money, I should of just got the good stuff to begin with, but that takes the fun out of things, and then it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered for some of my fellow forum members out there.

So I picked up my second G35 a while back, I the original OEM 18's on there, perfectly good wheels, not a single curb rash or scratch on them until I took them to a local tire shop, and the new guy about scratched up each rim while putting some new tires on for me. So long story short, got discount on the tires, basically half off, and took my wheels home, let it bother me for a bit, so off to Ebay I went in search of some wheels. I always liked the look of the rays, and while searching, I came across these wheels carried by OEWheelsLLc that were advertised as 18 in G35 Coupe wheels. The price for the set was under $400 shipped, not bad for brand new 18s that had the factory look. So what the heck, got them ordered and shipped, didn't take long to get here.

So first off, I want to say that I'm in no way advertising and/or bashing on the company that sold me these wheels, I am only giving my honest opinion of what I think about the wheels themselves.

1. Looks - Not to bad, these wheels were made in China (I found out after I got the boxes delivered; they had made in china stickers on the wheels themselves) Though most of what we buy now days are made in china, there are some things I would like to leave alone. So Took the wheels to the shop to get them mounted (not the same shopped that screwed up my other set) but a much better shop in town. So the first three went smoothly, no problems, but the fourth was just my luck, I had already sold my factory wheels, so I had no back up, but back to the fourth, it just wouldn't balance, the guy took it to another machine, and not even three seconds later, he was like its out of round, so we got a print out, I called the company up, got great service, faxed over the report, and he said no problem, I'll have another one shipped out to you. So another few days go by, and finally get it. took it to the shop, and it went on without a hiccup.
So I get home, and note, these wheels are advertised as not to fit G35 Coupes with Brembo calipers (Which I had) so spacers went on of course 25mm rear and 20 mm (opted for some ones that were not ichiba or whatever) they were hub centric aluminum made by Precision European Motorwerks, worked perfectly fine, never had an issue with fitment.
Confused... But they look nice..!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
In b4 next thread.
"Replica Infiniti G35 coupe"

Old 03-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Never thought Id see the day when someone bought a replica of the oem 19 wheels. Did you try to have the rash repaired by the shop that did the damage

Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Am I the only who caught the fact you only used commas in your paragraphs?